Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 1236 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 10:06:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30201
  • Total Topics: 2427
  • Online Today: 44
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

Author Topic: Doggy daycare  (Read 686 times)

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
Doggy daycare
« on: January 21, 2018, 10:19:21 pm »
Polly has some new friends... three collies..... they run round madly together....... the lovely lady who 's dogs they are took her for an afternoon of play while rob and I went visiting......we picked her up on the way home...fed her and then she went straight to her bed for the evening.....didn't move........couldn't even muster up the energy to get on the sofa with us........she had played all afternoon I think. she is a bit tired today too...

Now I know what to do with her when I want some peace and quiet...lol ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Doggy daycare
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:33:55 pm »
How lovely BRB...phoebe needs to run but nowhere where we can let her off safely...shes like tigger...bounces about....LOL...nice for them to have friends they can run with :) :) :)

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 02:15:42 pm »
It is lovely when your dog finds playmates or even a special friend

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 08:27:38 pm »
That is why I drive to Ashdown Forest most weekends - it is the only time Archie can run off lead with Sally - we pick the least used spots and areas where the shrubs are low so we have good visibility - he loves it and is always tired for the day

BRB - Lucy's best friend was a collie, they would spend hours playing in the garden together :) :) :)
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 10:16:37 pm »
Play dates for dogs! I love this idea - couldn't trust Violet though she gets all carried away (not that we've had any offers!!) although I can trust her off lead - to a point!!

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 06:02:59 pm »
So wish we had somewhere safe to let Phoebe off...she jumps and bounds about..she does need to be off really but can not take any chances ::)

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 09:38:29 pm »
Doggy play dates are fabulous - Lucy and her collie friend Sparky would play for hours - she was 4 years older so when they first met he was just a bit smaller than her at 9 months - she would throw him down on the floor and hump him - LOL his owner was cool about it and just let them get on with it - then for a few years they were equally matched and would spend hours running round the garden and jumping on each other to see who would win - then Lucy started slowing down, Sparky would see she was tired and he would throw himself down on the floor in front of her so she climb on him and hump him - he was so sweet and really missed their proper romping around ??? ??? ???
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 04:56:37 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 10:10:56 pm »
Billy had a Jack Russel friend called chips they would play for hours billy would hump him (dominance - I think?) He would let Billy do it for a while and then wriggle off!!
Chips was a neighbours dog and they didn't really look after him that well - he would escape when they were drunk in the early hours of the morning and scratch at the front door - I would let him in and he would get in the bed with Billy so he would come for sleep over's too!!
The owner John would come and fetch him back at about midday!! I used to put a note through the door to tell them where he was - they moved away. I stopped myself from saying I would take him on because he was a terrible escape artist and really naughty!! Wish Violet could find a friend though they need a play mate.....

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 03:59:45 pm »
Ah Clare...so very thoughtful of you...do you worry about the poor little chips and the drunk owners not caring for him properly...it would worry me..silly aren't i :P

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 10:20:52 pm »
yes it is lovely for them to have a doggy friend. Obviously Archie has Sally the JRT - they don't play as such but on walks he follows her faithfully wherever she goes and when she goes charging off he is 2 feet behind her - with no clue as to what they are chasing 8) 8)

Sally loves the big drainage pipes they have in Ashdown Forest running under the paths - there are a few she runs through - Archie gets so excited when he sees her disappear and runs from one end to the other to see her come out. His biggest wish is that he could find a pipe big enough that he can run through with her  ??? ??? ???

I would worry about Chips too Clare - what a shame :(

XX

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 05:55:02 pm »
I bet he wouldn't have been such an escape artist if you had him tho clare........ he prob ran off when his owners were too drunk to walk or feed him............

Sorry that hasn't helped has it?.......... we cant rescue all the needy dogs  :'( :'(.... or we would end up as animal hoarders...... all we can do is make sure the ones we rescue have the best life possible :-* :-* :-*

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 01:08:18 pm »
Here Here BRB!!!!

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 11:28:14 pm »
I have often wondered about chips the Jack Russell over the years but I have to say irresponsible owners or not? I think chips was a little sod!! It was over fifteen years ago now (time flies) they moved away before I did and I did wonder if they would contact me if they were getting rid of him as they knew I probably would have been a 'soft touch' and might of let me know if they were getting 'rid' of him.. But I never heard anything - and like I say it was back in 2002/3 so a long time ago already..

In more exciting news though.. My sister in law contacted me tonight (they live in Somerset) and she told me that this weekend they are due to go up north to pick up a rescue bull terrier from the bull terrier welfare that I got Violet from - they are going to pick up an eight-month-old white bull terrier bitch on Saturday - they had always been taken with Billy and now Violet and have wanted one for a while - they have a teeny tiny Jack Russel bitch already (about five years old) they also have two cats and three horses so good luck to them - they are novice owners but have been desperate for a bully for quite a few years.  I hope it works it out - will keep you posted when I get more news - very excited for them but as we all know they are a law unto themselves!! Really hope it works out for them they also have a daughter aged nine and they work from home so fingers crossed everyone!! I really hope it works out .. And maybe a new playmate for Violet - like Chips was for Billy - although somehow I doubt it - she's not really bothered about other dogs - I swear I think she's human!!!

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 10:03:24 pm »
Oh bullies definitely think they are human

Great news for your sister in law - at least she has you to advise her when her new bullie addition drives her to distraction LOL and she will ;) ;) ;) ;) as we all know.

Will be wonderful for the bullie if they are home so much - what a great life ;D ;D ;D wishing her all the best and welcome to the mad mad world of Bull Terriers 8) 8) 8) 8)
XX