Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 1236 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 10:03:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30201
  • Total Topics: 2427
  • Online Today: 44
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33

Author Topic: Doggy daycare  (Read 685 times)

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Doggy daycare
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 06:40:16 pm »
baptism of fire for your sister in law then..... ha ha........

how exciting for them....... I am working on the OH now to rescue another bullie................ I think marley moo would give us his blessing :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Soosiesu

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 10:48:08 pm »
oh soosiesu.... hope you get your hubby to agree

good luck to your sister in law clare......................she'll need it :o :( ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 06:36:39 pm »
Yes......good luck soosiesue..it would be wonderful...and yes marley moo would approve for sure....as we think toddy would have approved our Madame phoebe...go for it Soosiesu :) :) :)...and Clare...hope your sis in law has  lots f fun  with the new addition BULLIE to her family :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 06:42:45 pm by the Londons »

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 10:18:09 pm »
I know it's not for me to say but I think we would all love that soosiesu!! I felt guilty when I got Violet after only about seven/eight weeks after Billy went - but I just couldn't stand the empty house and by that I mean empty dog house - for me I know Billy would have wanted me to be happy and as a welfare dog himself he wouldn't want to deny another one a loving home - just because he's not here doesn't stop me talking to him!! I talk to Violet about him (I know I sound mad!) but when she does something he would never have done I'll say 'Billy - have a word'.

So, my sister in law has her new bull terrier she is a white bitch called India (how middle class) but they call her Indy (still middle class!!) She updated me yesterday to say that she has settled in well - sleeps in her crate (door open) all night doesn't respond to any commands or call!! and in fact doesn't respond to a lot apparently!! Not a bad thing though considering she has two cats, another dog and three horses! I text her today to see how she was getting on - but no response so far - fingers crossed they are doing ok?

Violet is licking the sofa as I write this  :-\ :-\

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 10:48:26 pm »
Indy is still in her 'honeymoon' period as we call it LOL ;) ;) ;) ;)

Joking aside I am sure they will be fine - good she ignores the cats - if she really doesn't respond though - as she is a white one perhaps they should test her hearing?

Soosiesu - you have to do what you feel is right - I could not be without a bullie in my life - they are all different but so similar too  :-* :-* :-*
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 09:50:58 pm »
India/Indy isn't deaf (draw your own conclusions!) she's settling in ok so far - do love a Bull Terrier on their 'honeymoon period' definitely Violet was on her bestest behaviour for the first two weeks - I even took her to a pub and she was so good 'butter wouldn't melt' of course, can't do any of that now - she just barks all the time!! Again - it's one of my 'Billy, have a word' moments - I have to say he was exactly the same from when I first got him - no honeymoon period with him! He didn't pull any punches!! But we do love our Vi too  :-* :-*

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 04:05:14 pm »
Yes I agree Ruth..they are all very similar..but still very different :)...its so nice....Poor old Toddy never had a honeymoon period either...bless his soul;...just as you said clare...he was what he was...but Madame...well her honeymoon period is deffinetly over and all her quirks and funny nonesenses  are coming into place...lol,,,she is hilarious.....she makes growling and grunting sounds when shes exceited...got to be up on the lap at all times...sleeps in our bed...and across the back of our heads on the pillows...she rules the roost here...but wouldn't have it any other way...she has put on weight...a good thing as she was only getting fed puppy food..and she has just turned 4 now...she bounces about like a kangaroo...especially when she spots the squirrels..we love her so much...go for it Soosiesu.....you will make another needy bullie very happy :)

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 04:49:25 pm »
Keep us posted Soosiesu........ I have been notified of a young bullie boy looking for a home....... pm me ;D ;D ;D
XX

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 11:29:31 pm »
I think Phoebe is definitely very spoiled!!  :P :P

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 11:28:15 pm »
oh ha ha Clare - phoebe is getting away with murder - sleeping on the bed - across the pillows no less! Something I believe Toddy never did 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sounds a right little madame - just like all my dogs have been - So I am guilty of spoiling them too. Archie is the first one to sleep IN the bed though :o :o :o :o I always drew the line there before - dogs were allowed ON the bed only - Archie has changed all that because he feels the cold :D :D :D
XX

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 08:31:47 pm »
Billy used to like to get under the covers - I'm not convinced this was because he felt the cold!! Just liked life's luxuries - they all seem to know what pillows are for!!  ::) ::)

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2018, 11:38:52 pm »
I say I drew the line but really none of them ever wanted to until Archie ;) ;)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 03:54:36 pm »
LOL.....Toddy never wanted to go upstairs...to be honest..non of our dogs have..only madame...and your right Ruth...she is getting away with it..in the bed...under the covers..at the bottom..at the top and between me and brad with her head on the pillow!!!..But joking aside...it started when we bought her home....Thomas said she like to sleep in his bed with her head under the covers...she ran straight up on our bed...I supposed a comfort thing as she had just arrived...just didn't have the heat to turf her off...thought that she would be missing Thomas and the other dogs she lived with and felt a bit mean..so there she stayed and that's how its been ever since..she tries it during the day when we are here..but she is only allowed when we go up to bed of a night time...bless her...I cant believe we allowed it....LOL..but they win you over...don't they...and we have a built in hot water bottle coz she is all tosty and warm...listen to me
the only down fall is the snoring...I have it in stereo now...LOL..her one side...and Brad on the other...and he heres nothing :P ;D

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 09:53:51 pm »
Archie never went upstairs or on the bed when I first fostered him - obviously I still had Lucy and that was her routine :P :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* But he soon made his own routine up once he was allowed ;) ;) ;)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 10:00:07 pm »
 ;D.....lol