Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 1236 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 10:00:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30201
  • Total Topics: 2427
  • Online Today: 44
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

Author Topic: Windyeeeeeeeeeeee!!  (Read 473 times)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Windyeeeeeeeeeeee!!
« on: February 12, 2018, 04:01:31 pm »
We took the grangkids and Madame to a lovely country park..went there last year..in the summer..it was a lovely day...sun shinning but freeeeeeeezing cold....long walks were fine until we got to near the river...and OMG!!! the wind was so bad...Brad had to go back to the car as he got earache from it ...me Phoebe and the boys braved it out...they were climbing and Phoebe trying to join in...LOl.....got a hot choc and the boys something to eat......it was nice but never seen such wind..we were freezing but had a good morning...when we finaly got back to the car..brad was soundo with a scarf wrapped round his face and head...had earache all afternoon but was ok this morning...some people aren't as tough as we think they are...LOL..i called him a wuss.... :P..the boys never complained once about the wind and cold...must be  his age...when the going gets tough...LOL ;) ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Windyeeeeeeeeeeee!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 09:49:27 pm »
I can cope with all weathers as long as it isn't snowing or raining - I hate getting

Tell Brad he needs to man up ;) ;) ;) ;)
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:01:08 pm »
Just what i was thinking Ruth :P

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 08:43:22 pm »
Well we have lost a fence panel in the wind..... blew into the neighbours garden........... marley would have made the most of that :o :o :o

job for the weekend now ??? ??? ???
Soosiesu

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 06:26:23 pm »
Its calmed down now with the weather...lovely and sunny today...not that I saw much of it as worked my day off... :'(..my own fault for agreeing to it...I knew I would regret saying yes..but its done now...im knackered though...bitterly cold though ...especially when the sun went in..but nice to see a bit of sunshine for a change...

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 09:32:40 pm »
Yes it was a lovely sunny afternoon

SO all OK on the job front now Alison? no changed shifts or short hours etc?
XX

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 09:59:13 pm »
oh yes........didyou get that all sorted Londons?

what a gorgeous day today........polls was sprawled out in the sunshine........obviously safely indoors by the french doors because it wasnt as warm as she thought it was....... :P :P

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 10:42:17 pm »
We've just got back from a half term week at center parcs - had a great time - violet was very good this year - hardly barked at the squirrels - but so disloyal - she's been tarting around my mum - didn't really want to know me!! She's been so tired since we got back last night - she's definitely getting older now already!! But I'm very proud of how she's managed to get used to our little holidays and stayed out of trouble - less pulling on the lead and looks of disgust from other 'more middle class' dog's and their owners!!  :P :P Had some bad 'fish' anal gland moment though  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 05:25:41 pm »
Yes Ruth...all seems to be ok for the moment...our bakery...where I work is due for a re fit..next year now..so that's when it still might happen..so im not holding my breath..but they have taken on another Baker from another store on the hours that she has there..which are way out of sinc with our Bakery...totally in the wrong place she is packing up cake...part of my job..and getting paid lots of money to do so as its an unskilled job...and a Baker is skilled..the other 2 Bakers are kicking off...why should she come on the hours she wants....and all of us have to work the hours that they NEED..coz  she is pally with our manager who used to work with her...we are all watching this space >:(
Clare...the anal gland thing is disgusting...Toddy had an infection in his and it was well bad..the smell.....was Violet at your mums house...or at  center parcs????
Glad you had a good time all of you :)

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 10:52:57 pm »
We were all at center parcs - Violet loves my Mum she really spoils her along with the grandchildren - I think this is why Violet loves her sooo much - Violet (for some reason) had most nights an 'anal gland moment' mostly on my mum!! It's soo smelly like a bloody skunk or something? I should probably get them 'squeezed' at the vets - but I had this with Billy and because it's so intermittent I just think it's part of owning a bully and nature will have to run it's course - she doesn't seem bothered by it and it hasn't happened since we got home.... Does young Phoebe or any of you have a problem with this - all advice/tips would be very helpful  :-* :-*

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 02:10:00 am »
Archie has anal moments Clare I am sure Ruth will let you know.
Glad Violet had a lovely time and I am sure she loves you bestest but everyone loves their Nanny

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 06:36:53 pm »
We had never heard of this anal gland thing,,,until we had Toddy...LOL :P

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 08:45:59 pm »
I personally wouldn't have them squeezed if it is only very intermittent - as Lorraine said Archie does sometime spurt out some foul smelling stuff - not often.

It could be down to a slight change of diet or less walks if they have a few 'softer' poos it doesn't empty the anal gland on the way out so it will empty itself at somepoint! when they skitter on their bums it is usually to empty anal glands.

I have to say Archie has done this on my new light grey bedroom carpet - he skittered and left a line of brown - Gross :-[ :-[ :-[

Lucy once had an abscess come up on her bum and the vet said it was a blocked anal gland - which they had to squeeze to empty - she never suffered before or after and never leaked either ???

Apologies to anyone having their dinner!!!!!!

On a more pleasant note Archie loves his nanny too - when I visit Mum and Dad he never leaves her side ;D ;D ;D
XX

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 09:09:43 pm »
Thanks for the info - Violet probably has a 'little incident' once or twice a week? sometimes less - have to say last week was a big change for her - getting fed rubbish a lot (from Nanny) but plenty of walks - but not off the lead.  She often skitters on her bum though - although it doesn't seem to leave any marks - (not nice to talk about I know) she often skitters after a poo as well (eat up everyone  ;) ;))  She's similar to Billy in this respect he was an old stinker too  :-* :-*

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 05:08:58 pm »
LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D