Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 1236 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 09:55:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30201
  • Total Topics: 2427
  • Online Today: 44
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Author Topic: Snowtime....  (Read 384 times)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Snowtime....
« on: February 26, 2018, 06:19:55 pm »
We have it here...a blizzard this morning at 4am..got to work ok coz as I got further into London it just totally disappeared...its snowing here now quite heavily...hope I be ok for work 2 mora.. :-\...there are warnings for the trains finishing early and the same for 2 mora so keep yourself posted Ruth!!!! :P

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
Re: Snowtime....
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 08:47:39 pm »
I'm hoping for snow!! fingers crossed!! So is my son and I'd like Violet to experience snow - I used to love the way my other dogs would charge on out the door and then start to pick their paws up and look really confused  ??? ??? Usually then head straight back indoors - the downside to snow is that we are finally having our extension built and they are due to concrete and do the block work this week - we shall have to see what happen it damn cold out there though  ;D ;D ;D

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 06:20:52 pm »
Thick snow here...I couldnt get on my drive this afternoon as car was sliding everywhere...got it halfway up as all snow backing up and had to leave it there...brad just mving it now...I also fell over on my but when out with phoebe this afternoon,,,,we are on a hill and instead of going the  through the  woods I decided to take the road down route..big mistake as road was frozen solid and I slipped on tyre treads which were frozen and hurt my but and leg..ok...as It treid to get up phoebe was pulling me along...LOL

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 10:58:01 pm »
well I made it into work on Monday but today I went in and left at 2pm because a blizzard started and I wanted to make sure the trains were still running and could drive home from the station

Fortunately tomorrow is my WFH day hurrah. Will see how the rest of the week pans out - it is freezing though and Archie is very very anti walking in the cold bless him :-* :-*
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 08:33:39 pm »
I couldn't get in today...roads closed and could not even get out of my road and onto the hill...Brad went and all the cars were sliding down the hill...halfway up...buses stranded and a pile of cars at the bottom of our road...we are on a hill as is the main road too...lethal and dangerous...brad got down with foot onbrake all the way at walking pace...A3 was at a standstill as cars could only do 20MPH coz of snow and ice...horrific..i had to phone in as a T/L day as brad said I  would no way have even got to the bottom of my road...and I know what happened a few months back with it when I nearly slid ito the main road...on the hill...took brad 2 hours to get to work...was in yard for 3 hours as sites were all closed as no one could get there...he left at 2pm and got back at 4...a nightmare...Thursday into Friday supposed to be the worst with storm EMMA on its way..so don't think I will be in rest of week but will have to make the time up :'( as cannot afford to loose the money and have no holiday left to take >:(
not risking my life for no one..better to be off a few days thanw eeks if I end up in hospital and have no car!!!..3friends were stranded on cnavey island for the same thing..no chance of getting off in the horrendous condiotns...aaron is stranded in hertfordshire at his mates and jake couldn't get to work as no buses..not looking good
I have worked at my job 18 years and not had 1 day off sick or anything..this is a first but be making time up on my days off...ouch!!! :P
Took phoebe out ..she was fine..but not at first...LOL..she wanted to run back...loads of kids tobbogoning down the hill....but cars were sliding everywhere ..even the 4 wheeled drives..saw one bloke dragging his motorbike up the hill sideways..who would be out on one of those anyway in this ::) :o
Hope everyone got back safely..if you went out in the first place!!!
Think this means that we will have a very good summer ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 09:17:40 pm »
We didn't get much snow today - but lots left over from yesterday! - having said that it is lightly snowing now.

Archie wont walk at all :o  I got all togged out in my winter walking stuff and got him ready in his coat - he walked out the front door and towards the car - but when I tried to get him to walk to the gate he wouldn't go - not at all - no amount of coaxing or then pulling would make him budge - I thought what the hell it is bitter and icy if he doesn't want to go then I certainly didn't either and no way am I driving anywhere - so we both went back indoors ;D ;D ;D

He will have to go in the garden, which he hates doing ??? ???

I think if I can wangle it I will have the rest of the week working from home :-X :-X :-X
XX

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 09:45:55 pm »
Very Jealous! We still have had nothing  :-\ well some snow but nothing really significant  :-\
It's cold though and Violet is still very happy to go out for walks and doesn't seem to notice it  :-\ I would love to see how she copes with snow.. still hoping over the next couple of days we get some.

Sorry to hear you fell though Londons - not good  :-[ lucky you didn't let go of Phoebe though!!

Enjoy working from home Ruth  :-*

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 06:38:38 pm »
I was off today again...my day off..but like Ruth cant see me going in tomorrow if it gets worse..ive text my manager to tell him I will let him know as soon as I do.. when I get up at 3 am I will see how bad it is...I will have to owe them the time back :P...I would rather be safe...than sorry :(

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 09:42:11 pm »
We've finally had snow Yay! Didn't seem to have any effect on Violet at all though - but we've had fun! School was closed and my training was cancelled so I took the day off  :P School's closed tomorrow and I don't work on a Friday so looking forward to playing in the snow again tomorrow - if it's still there  :-\ :-\

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 12:19:50 am »
lol.......I dunno why you are so happy about it.... ;) ;) ;)..... cant wait for it to melt...........fell over yesterday.......... looking at the news i am just thankful my commute is only to the office at the end of the garden............. my OH was meant to be out on a job in london today but he decided not to go.......... didnt fancy the drive in the awful weather.....arent we due more in storm Emma........or is that only the west country???
Soosiesu

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 11:19:57 pm »
They say the thaw is coming - starting this weekend - thank goodness - going a bit stir crazy - cancelled my weekend plans BUT it may thaw enough so will see However they are forecasting ice now!

Think today was one of the worst days travelling - I am so glad I stayed working from today - I was tempted to try and get in as the main roads were clear :-[
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 08:40:58 am »
Ive not been in since Tuesday..... ::) :o..told my manager I wasn't taking any chances..rather be off a few days than a few months if I have an accident an end up inhospital...im a wuss when it comes to driving in bad conditons,,,but our hill still frozen and even brad advised me against it as so very dangerous..there have been a few cars at the bottom of our hill...our road still there from Tuesday..its been awful..luckily I can owe them the time back...brad cant as his hours are so long anyway plus his taco wouldn't let him...I did the right thing...I think I will be bck on Monday..told my boss that...hopefully I will be able to get down my hill...safely...as the main roads Brad said hav"nt been too bad..i just can"t get of my hill!!...safely!!,its been nice to spend time at home with Phoebe..but needs must and it will be full throttle next week as I have 3 days to make up....eeeeeek ;) ;D

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 05:20:24 pm »
I agree with you Alison I hate the snow I have 4 wheel drive but am still super careful often it isn't us but other silly drivers that cause accidents by not driving sensibly in these horrible conditions.
I walked Sally today and most days but yesterday I gave it a miss as it was bitterly cold.
My hill where I live is a nightmare and was v icy and snowy yesterday now today with a little increase in temperature all is gone please let it stay that way ;D

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 02:39:54 pm »
Yes Lorraine...were all melting here and im back to work tomoro :'(..back to the grind...it was real nice thought to have some special time with Phoebe...hope she hasn't got too used to it :P

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 09:43:13 pm »
We were hit by storm Emma and it did this really strange thing to the snow in that it laid a sheet of ice all over it - you could pick shards of it up and smash them against the walls - I am such a big kid but I loved it!! I have never experienced anything like it before it was really strange - we couldn't get the car out for a couple of days so I was ready for it to thaw on Saturday - I did enjoy it while it lasted though - but not the panic buying we couldn't get milk: -\ :-\