Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 1236 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 10:04:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30201
  • Total Topics: 2427
  • Online Today: 44
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

Author Topic: Bloody Nylabone.....  (Read 325 times)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Bloody Nylabone.....
« on: February 26, 2018, 06:24:03 pm »
Poor Phoebe had blood coming from her mouth this afternoon...Aaron..my boy...alerted me to it..its coming from the nylabone...where it has become very sharp from her chewing it she has cut the inside of her mouth!!!!...a lot of blood..but cuts not too bad..ive chucked them...wont use them any more...she has had stag chews..will go back to them it think!!...I also get these marrowbone typethings from PAH...with filling stuff inside..she like them and good for her teeth but don't get sharp!!! :P

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
Re: Bloody Nylabone.....
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 08:44:47 pm »
Personally, I hate those nylobone things - have never given them to any of my Bullies - our family labrador had a couple - I think they just end up collecting fluff and make the place look untidy!! Has she got a kong? I don't bother with anything else these days.. :-*

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 06:23:06 pm »
No.....Toddy had one..but that went missing..good idea Claire..they are expensive...but they last 4 ever..i will get her one and try my normal peanut butter in it...I think PAH do dog peanut butter...which must be better with no salt or sugar in it or that nasty subsitiute addative you told us about!! :P

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 10:52:02 pm »
yes I have bought nylabones a long time ago - they get so sharp and dirty and collect fluff on the sharp bits - have you ever stood on a half chewed nylabone :o :o :o Ow ow

Archie has a stag chew (which he now ignores) but at least it is natural doesn't stain and doesn't go all sharp and nasty and isn't fattening 8) 8)

I have never had a bullie who loves a kong :-[ :-[ I know they are indestructible and lots of bullie owners swear by them
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 12:25:11 am »
Billy loved his kong when he was younger and Violet really loved her first one (black medium) and she managed to destroy all but an inch of it in about three hours (this was when I first had her and she was a bit odd) I took it back to Pet's R us the same day and five hours after I first bought it - they were a bit reluctant to give me a replacement and I had to contact the kong people about it all - anyway we were given a replacement when I gave it to Violet she wasn't as intrested in it - it felt as if she could speak she would have said 'you're alright I've done that already' and we still have it today almost four years on - she still chews on it sometimes - but I never put treats or anything it in  ???

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 12:15:26 am »
four years on? my goodness time has flown.................  scary................. I found with Marls it happens so sudden...........it seemed overnight he suddenly was old.......... :'( :'( :'(

anyway another vote for the stag chew........ think it was on here I red about it...........marls loved his.......like violet he ignore the second one I bought him.............been there, seen it bought the tshirt.... 8) 8) 8)
Soosiesu

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 08:44:24 am »
Phoebe will chew anything like that...thankfully has never chewed anything in the house...so shes a good girl...shes a mummys girl...Toddy was a daddys boy....LOL..but love em to bits...she goes nuts when brad gets in...she does go OTT with the exceitment bit...even when the grandkids ...workmen ...or friends come round...have to calm her down a bit...LOL...but shes a doll...so glad we gave her a home  :-*

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 05:16:58 pm »
Poor Phoebe horrid nylabones Sally had stag chews

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 02:43:03 pm »
Yes...ive chucked them...she does have a stag chew...somewhere....LOL..but get these things from PAH...looks like a marrowbone with stuff inside...she spends ages biting it and trying to get it out....LOL...funny yesterday...I dropped a packet of frozen peas on the kitchen floor,,,i cut them open and they sort of sprung from my had..i cannot believe how quickly madame hovered up almost the entire contents..think I will call her PEABE...LOL :P ;) ;D

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 09:37:08 pm »
I am always, always very grateful that I have a bull terrier when I drop food in the kitchen  :-*
Violet is a great hoover - I've dropped frozen peas before (it must be because the bag is all icy and slippery) and she's hoovered them all up - and dried pasta, and rice  :) :) yesterday I dropped an egg and she took care of that for me too - thanks, Violet!!

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 10:57:23 pm »
What helpful little darlings they sound ;) ;) ;) ;)
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 02:52:48 pm »
yeah..... and.....my polly has been known to whizz the duster around.....and sometimes does the hovering..... lol ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 03:09:48 pm »
Yeah...Phoebe has eaten dried pasta...NOT REALISED WHAT THE CRUNCHING SOUND WAS WHEN I PANICKED WHAT SHE WAS EATING..but LOL...they don't care...do they...LOL ;D