Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 383 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 03:57:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 51
  • Latest: Cougan
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29646
  • Total Topics: 2358
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37

Author Topic: Job going.....  (Read 685 times)

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Job going.....
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 09:58:15 pm »
How did it go Alison? :-X :-[
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 02:39:35 pm »
Hi Ruth...still no meeting...was supposed to be this week...next week now..but confronted my boss this morning asking him what was going on..he has now said that I wont loose hours and that they will have to work around them...will still be changed maybe 8am till ..5pm..says it works in other stores..but cannot see it working in ours as they have far more many bakers and staff..its not him its the company..so will wait to see next week..i will go prepared though ...with a union rep!!! it used to be that they could not move your hours by ,more than 2 hours either way..ie to start later...or earlier..but we know how things change and the goal posts move so I will check this one out before I go in...s..thanks for asking..but as soon as I know...will tell you
 I will have my job by the looks of it..but different hours...!

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 08:54:09 pm »
well that must be a bit of a relief - I hope it all works out :-[ :-[ :-[
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2017, 01:48:34 pm »
Thanks Ruth...time will tell :)

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2017, 08:29:56 pm »
good news ;)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 03:45:17 pm »
More news on that front...today I had a meeting with my manager...he has now come back with the hours 11...to 8 pm...a full shift..but crap hours...an informal chat..so no union rep present..but the next meeting will be formal if I doont accept the hours they are saying I will get 17 weeks notice to find another job or that is it..17 weeks being 1 week for every year I have been there..im not happy and want to compromise with hours as have a life too outside poxy Tesco..phoebe...the grandchildren...I don't want to be getting home at 9pm every evening... I wont see anyone...plus our social life...its a joke..i think they think they can manipulate you to what THEY want...they don't want the people on old contracts...ie the full timers...so they are doing there utmost to try and get rid of us!!! Wont back down without a fight..and will string it out for as long as I can..they could at least compromise on the hours¬¬¬ plus I will have to do 2 partime peoples jobs as well to be rolled into mine...cant wit to see it all fall to pieces////LOL
Will keep you all posted...next meeting the union will be there!!!!

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2017, 10:06:50 pm »
Employers really do think they can do what they like these days. I travel on Southern and they are all continuously striking due to the staffing and responsibilities changes. I am all for change if it is for the better but not when it is about people losing their jobs so the big Corporations can save on their wages >:( >:( >:( >:(
XX

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 04:31:45 am »
Tescos are shite employers and they are taking advantage of all their workers

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 03:28:32 pm »
Agree with you both there.....its a joke...a girl that works with us...shes 32..has a young son of 5....her mum looks after him while she it at part time work in our bakery....she also takes him to school for her...anyway...she had her meeting today..and she came out crying ocz the hours they had given her were...2 days...12 miday...to 9pm!!! with a young child is ridiculous...so she has opted for another shift of...2 in the morning until 11...tues thurs and wait for it...sunday!!!...her poor mum will have to stay at hers...she is on her own....she says at least she will be there for him after school and the evening before he goes to bed...but its a joke...she felt sorry for me...and I feel sorry for her...as of course...the same with us all...we need the money...otherwise I would tel lthem to poke it where the sun don't shine!!! yes Tesco are all out for themselves ..don't care one iota about their Loyal staff!!!...sorry for the rant!!!
Makes you laugh as my manager gave us both today a sheet where we ring round the hours we can work..."whats the point we said..as YOU are telling us when we can work!!!!

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 07:34:09 pm »
oh that is awful...feel for you........that's the trouble with 24 hour opening......there are no proper closed times for the workers ??? ???

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 05:38:51 pm »
Yes...its awful and will probably get even worse!! :'(

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 12:09:15 am »
Dreadful ..i will boycott tesco.......keep us updated working till 8pm is a joke >:( >:( >:(
Soosiesu

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 06:40:41 pm »
I have gone back to my manager...that I will compromise and do 7/4......union also advised this...I have yet to have a formal meeting ...with note taking etc...but I will drag it out till the bitter end!!!!

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2017, 10:06:28 pm »
Good luck with it all...... with the union behind you will help reach a compromise :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 07:02:18 pm »
Still no news...oh well...I will just leave it until they say something to me...but im not doing 8/5...I have applied for a job near to me...online..less hours...but no travelling and stress of it all..save  £35 a week on petrol...it was like a test application...lots of questions and you had to give the right answer...will have to wait and see... :P