Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 662 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 11:08:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29871
  • Total Topics: 2388
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Author Topic: Killer Phoebe!!!  (Read 205 times)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Killer Phoebe!!!
« on: November 02, 2017, 05:19:51 pm »
Naughty madame phoebe killed a poor little baby dove this morning...I saw her running towards me from the garden with something in her mouth...I screamed at her and she dropped the poor little thing...its eyes were still alert...I covered it with a bucket and phoned brad as I cant handle that sort of thing :'(....when I looked again its eyes were fused..madame had blood and feathers in her mouth...I was hoping she had just picked it up off the grass..but she did kill it as she always jumps up at birds and squirrels...I never thought in a million years she would be able to catch one and kill it..i wasn't happy with her...and she knew it...Brad will have to get rid of it when he gets in...I thought only cats killed birds...what a shock!!!

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Killer Phoebe!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 10:17:19 pm »
I once fostered out a bullie to a lady who lived on a farm and she said he would run down to the barn where there were loads of pigeons nesting up in the rafters and would come back with one he had managed to catch  :o :o- she thought it was great as she viewed the pigeons as pests :o :o :o

Again he was fine with all the farm animals ??? ???

Naughty Phoebe but how on earth did she catch it??
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 04:52:17 pm »
Oh dear naughty Phoebe. Sally chases birds but never catches them and I doubt she would send them to heaven either. Poor dove

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 06:28:00 pm »
God knows Ruth...but there were loads of feathers all over the lawn so it must have put up a fight...poor mite....she always jumps up at the birds...and squirrels...she is just like a kangaroo...but never imagined she would ever catch one :P

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 11:01:24 pm »
Phoebe is just being a bull terrier she can't help herself  :P Madame Vi Vi nearly caught a pigeon last week but age is no longer on her side so she wasn't quick enough! This type of thing is much worse for cat owners and although it's not pleasant it's just how it is with animals - they can't help it - hope you have forgiven Madame Phoebe - im sure you have by now - hopefully she will realise this is not the type of behaviour that pleases her new mum and dad  :-*

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 03:53:30 pm »
LOL Clare...I think she would have preferred a squirrel though...she goes absolutely nuts for them!!! Brad says....maybe next time.... ;) ;D

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 10:55:08 pm »
My friends (who introduced me to the breed) had a bitch that found and sadly killed a hedgehog when they were out for a walk (and she was on the lead) she completely cut her nose to shreds in the process and they had to pull the spines out of her face and mouth  :-[
I know this is a horrible post - but I hope it makes you feel better  ??? They are terriers at the end of the day - and we can't really expect them to abandon all their instinct as much as we would like them to  ;)

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 10:14:49 pm »
Too right Clare - Lucy drew the line at a hedgehog - she just danced around it as they do!

However she did catch and kill a fox in the garden of my old house :o :o :o :o which was awful :o :o
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 11:10:31 pm »
Oh - that is horrible  :-[ I can't imagine how traumatic that would have been for you. Violet really hates foxes for some reason and has chased them across the road where both animals were lucky to survive that in itself! I think they are too quick for her but here in Bournemouth we are blessed with one of the largest urban fox populations in the country!!:-\ :-\ Violet would probably be a bit too slow to catch one - I wonder if Lucy caught an older less cunning Mr Fox? I really hope she doesn't manage to catch anything.. ever...

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 04:29:06 pm »
OMG Ruth...that's horrific...hopefully the fox didn't suffer!!! They have a high prey instinct...I think....I feed 3 foxes at the back of our garden in the woodland..they come every afternoon between 3 and 4...and Madame knows the time and runs straight down there even before I have got their food ready...and if she is eating hers..she cant get it down quick enough to get down there...she just looks at them through the gate..has barked at them occasionally...but think she is more envious of their food...LOL..hasten to add that if she was the other side of the gate would probably be the same as Lucy was...but they have no fear of her as they come right up to the gate..maybe the food blocks out their fear!!!

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 10:35:33 pm »
oh goodness what did you do ruth? that sounds awful ??? ??? ??? how on earth did she manage to catch a fox.... was it fully grown or just a young one.......... poor fox though ??? ??? ??
Soosiesu