Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 1249 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2018, 01:55:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 53
  • Latest: lala
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30212
  • Total Topics: 2428
  • Online Today: 51
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 39
Total: 39

Author Topic: No Heating....  (Read 496 times)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
No Heating....
« on: November 14, 2017, 04:05:51 pm »
That was us on sunday/Monday...hot water was fine..but no heat coming on...we tried it all...the valves...buttons...switches. read the maual...went on line..but to no avail.. nothing...log burner not on as Brads decorating the back room so would be a bit hot for him....well we were cold but when I took madame Phoebe for a walk on Monday afternoon...spoke to a chap doing his house up who I often see on our walk...he gave me his mate the plumbers number and iphoned him...to cut a long story short...you will all laugh...the batteries had gone in the thermostat...what dopes...we didn't even notice...LOL...I was on the verge of calling someone out..but I knew it was something silly coz we still had hot water...he talked me through it...so by the time brad and the boys got back it was lovely and warm!!! I was so grateful to him...just that bit of advice saved us a packet ..the boiler is only 2 and a half years old....I am going to book it in for an annual service now....LOL ;D :P

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: No Heating....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:22:08 pm »
With the weather turning colder you do need your heating!

Mum and Dad told me their boiler had stopped working and showing a strange error message on the display - well fortunately my brother was visiting and when he opened it up he found all the wires had been chewed! - was their bird who they let out during the day he had managed to get into the utility room and into the back of the boiler and started stripping all the wires. They found bits in the bottom of his cage - he was so lucky he didnt electrocute himself :-\ :-\
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 04:37:36 pm »
OMG Ruth...its funny...but not...if you know what I mean...thank god for your brother though....probably saved their lives!!! :o

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 10:40:07 pm »
gosh that could have been an expensive escapade... I was going to say the bird may have been rby the heat... but as he chewed the wires and stopped the boiler working it couldn't have been that then!
Soosiesu

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 08:12:20 pm »
Well Alison we have finally had our central heating put in and it feels like St Lucia on a good day.
Gone are the calor gas fires which are rubbish for your health and thank goodness this will be a winter I do not have to put layers on and that is inside the home ;D

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 05:19:01 pm »
Brrrrrrrrilliant Lorraine..if you pardon the pun ;D..at long last...I don't know how you have managed this long!!!!...we only had a couple of days without it and that was bad enough!!!..you can strip right off now Lorraine ;D ;D ;D...walk about in your undies :P..only joking..but at least you wont have to have your thermals on ...INDOORS

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 05:47:30 am »
 ;D 8)

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 10:05:47 pm »
great news for you........ they say it is going to be a very cold winter so good timing ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 07:20:58 pm »
Well its very cold tonight...just got back with Madame from her second walk..in the woods...in the dark..with our phones and a torch....LOL....the owls were twit twooing...LOL

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 04:36:26 pm »
I love hearing the owls Alison we both love our animals don't we ;D

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 04:39:08 pm »
Terwit.....Terooooooooooooo ;) ;D :P