Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 1249 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2018, 01:50:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 53
  • Latest: lala
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30212
  • Total Topics: 2428
  • Online Today: 51
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

Author Topic: Pulling a sickie.....  (Read 729 times)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Pulling a sickie.....
« on: November 18, 2017, 05:27:21 pm »
YEStarday afternoon....Madame Phoebe honked up her food...chicken and rice....tried to get her off the sofa in time..but no....it all came up poor girlie...but she still seemed in good spirits ..her tail wagging and her nose wet....later on in the evening she was at her bowl...so I gave her a few tablespoons of chappie..what the vets recommend when they are ill...or after an op...she woofed it down...so I thought all was ok..about an hour later..up it came..on the other sofa this time...lol(have throws on them both so easy to wash)..oh dear poor Phoebes...she sat cuddled up with me on the sofa the rest of the evening..put her food down this morning as I was going to work..she ate it all...and has been ok no more sick..had her chicken and rice this afternoon..and all is good..wonder what it was..well she is a right as ninepence now..thankgoodness..had awful thoughts of her honking up in our bed...where the young Madame sleeps...LOL..but she is back to normal now...what ever that is...LOL 8) :P

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Pulling a sickie.....
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 11:54:07 pm »
Sounds like she may be ate something that upset her tummy - perhaps the little madam scavenged something in the garden or on her walk - glad to hear she is right as rain now. :-* :-*

you cant be too precious with furniture and stuff when you have pets - I swear by leather sofas and wooden floors for that very reason ??? ??? ???
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 10:19:34 pm »
I agree Ruth! We've got floorboards mostly and carpet in two bedrooms but bizarrely both Billy and Violet always went/go in those rooms when they needed to vomit or on the rugs!!
I think Madam Fee Fee probably had a tummy bug and I always stand by a no food for several hours if not 12 hours or more (if you can get away with it)  and then it's scrambled egg and a bit of bread or cooked potato which has always seemed to work.  Violet was sick this week which is unusual for her (in the carpeted bedroom, of course) she did this in the morning so I didnt't feed her until 9pm - which was painful because she was restless plus her tummy was rumbling  :-\ And of course throws on the sofas are a necessity!!! She didn't take long to work her way onto your bed  :) Little madam!!

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 10:05:30 pm »
We have resin downstairs and floorboards upstairs.

Leather sofas or throws is a must :D :D :D
Soosiesu

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 03:58:51 pm »
Our last leather sofa was ripped by our Archie bullie....his feet went through it ..a small tear that eventually turned into a massive hole....LOL...we are fabric at the moment ..with of course the throws which I seem to be forever buying...lol...new ones for spare etc..but what ever soaf you have...you never see the real colour coz of the throws....LOL...I found the throws just slip off the leather....impossible to keep in one place.....then there are the grandkids...another reason for throws...love to live in a perfect house with no dirt...no spillages and no mess...my mates is like that...like a showroom....LOL..but you are frightened to breathe...LOL ;D

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 10:14:52 pm »
Billy had 'problem claws' and when he raked up the bedding for his comfort and pleasure:-\ it would make L shaped tears in it and the duvets too - I was forever having to sew up little tears - Violet has managed to do this once so far as I think her claws her more normal.  :-\

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 11:37:06 pm »
my last sofa had a huge hole in it made by Archie - from a little tear started by Lucy...

And my armchair had claw marks up the back where one of my previous cats used to sharpen their claw on it.

However the lot I have now don't seem to be so destructive, and Archie has got over his humping stage - so am risking a nice new leather corner sofa - ha ha

However I would hate to live in a show home without my dogs and cats - they more than make up for having a fluffy house ;) ;) ;) ;) although you will have to remind me I said that if they do destroy my new sofa :-[ :-[ :-[
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 05:00:14 pm »
LOL ;D

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 10:09:59 pm »
we got a nrw corner unit when we moved...leather of course..............guess who picks the best spot right in the corner between the cushions........... yup...... our very own madame polly 8) 8) 8)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 07:18:44 pm »
They are so crafty.... :P ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 10:37:18 pm »
LOL well it is between Pip and Archie whoever gets there first :-[ :-[ :-[ I don't get a look in :-[ :-[
XX

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 08:02:21 pm »
typical bullie picking the best spot ;D ;D
Soosiesu

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 10:21:11 pm »
Why is this? Violet always wants to sit in the position which is the best one to watch the TV?! :-\ She has a 'place' at the end but this doesn't seem to be enough for the little madam! Billy used to do this as well - they have very high expectations especially as they both came from welfare kennels where I know for sure there wasn't a sofa in sight!! I'm sure they do it for a wind up!!!  >:( >:(

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 04:36:10 pm »
They are milking it....LOL......for all its worth ;) ;D :P..once they have the comfort...they don't want to part with it...bless them ;D

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 09:10:09 pm »
The only reason I think they want to sit in your space the moment you leave it is to feel the warmth of where you've been sitting? either way it's irritating  :-\