Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 1246 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2018, 04:23:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30207
  • Total Topics: 2428
  • Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52

Author Topic: Useful Dog warden numbers  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Useful Dog warden numbers
« on: July 29, 2013, 10:10:11 pm »
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Useful Dog warden numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 04:18:57 am »
Oh my ruth.....didn't realise there were so many....very useful to have....ours is there Havering...is it true though that they only keep the animals for a week...and then they are PTS....surely this cant be true? ???

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 10:27:29 am »
Thanks Ruth

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 11:44:04 am »
Fraid so Alison, any strays that are picked up are put in council approved pounds who have to hold the dog there for 7 days, on the 8th day they can choose to PTS, put into rescue or rehome themselves. Some pounds are better than others and keep for longer or work with rescues to help the dogs find homes, some are just too heartless for words.

There are a mostly fabulous bunch of people called 'pound helpers' they are mainly volunteers and work with the pounds (those that allow them to) and phone / email / visit / beg / plead and find funding for stray dogs on the pts lis - trying to get a rescue space before that deadline, very stressful work.
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 12:01:42 pm »
Flippin heck 7 days is no time at all? another reason to ensure your dog is microchipped.
Soosiesu

Offline cleoricardo

• Trusted Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 02:10:33 pm »
Can I reiterate that police do not take in stray dogs, as a rule. ::) ::)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 07:11:35 pm »
When we had our old collie....he die 2 years ago now....but brad found him tied to the gates at work....there were 2 of them....he thinks gypsies left them there....only pups....a couple of months old,,,brads workmate took one and brad bought the other home....we only had a cat at the time...and she was a stray too...brad sa8id I have something for you in the car....2 beautiful big brown eyes were starring up at me....but I said we couldn't keep him......being at work all day...I  wasn't local then...an hours drive and taking and picking up the kids from school...it wouldn't be fair....so he called the dog warden who took him to the police station and explained how we had come upon him......well what I didn't get called by the kids...who wanted us to keep him...it got the better of me...so brad went to the police station to see if the warden was still there with the dog....we named him cracker as it was at Christmas time......they were still sitting in the police station with him....so brad bought him back...and the rest was history...and we had him for 13 lovely years before he died of testicular cancer....so it must have changed now and the police DONT take them in!!!! But I know some one who comes in the shop....an old boy and a few months back his german shepheard....and he is massive....was tied up outside the shop (not wise,....but everyone knows him and he always does it)...and someone called the police and said that he had been left there...so the police took him to the station...he got him back but they loved him and wanted to keep him!!! So I suppose it depends on the area and if the police are dog lovers!!!! ;) :P

Offline MARK

• Trusted Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 07:31:12 pm »
Bless the poor dogs and micro-chipping is a must