Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 164 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 05:00:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29372
  • Total Topics: 2325
  • Online Today: 36
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38

Author Topic: the raw diet  (Read 17337 times)

thestrongmanswife

the raw diet
« on: November 29, 2011, 07:58:09 am »
 ;D  Morning everybody....................
started the "raw diet" yesterday as Dr Kim suggested,and my baby girl loved it,im hoping that the skin on her face will now grow back some hair eventually bless her,not that shes completely bold but she is a tad pink!  :(
Never have i known a dog to be sooooooooo loving,she goes bonkers when phil comes and wants to be picked up and hugged literally lol,and in the evening she just wants to lay on your lap, that is after the hour long tug of war first  ;D
yesterday she just played in the kitchen trying to pounce on the bone that she has,was so funny watching her amuse herself.  ;D
Gona have a house full of kids today as its my becca's birthday so that should be interesting,she's none too keen on the balloons lol  :-\
Anyway chaps and chapesess speak to you all later,have a fab day  :-*  :-*

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: the raw diet
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:04:48 pm »
Well done Mel, your baby girl Daisy Doo doesn't know how lucky she is!

Happy Birthday to Becca - and make sure those kids dont feed Daisy too many titbits!
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 03:17:55 pm »
Hope Daisy Doo has a great time today ...and the kids too ;D

thestrongmanswife

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 08:32:38 pm »
well daisy just slept her way through screaming kids.........not even a one eye open to see who or what it was bless her.
As for the balloons............................she thought the game was to pop them with her feet,didnt actually bother her at all,although my becs was none too impressed to come home from school and find all the balloons gone!!  :)
tea time for daisy at about 4pm,,,,HHmmmmm well we decided to look at the bowl,look at it a bit more,then we decided to keep head butting the bowl,looked at me and walked off  >:(   dont think she wanted to eat the tea i gave her and it cant be my cooking as it was raw lol ;D
I'm totally pooped so im gona sit and snuggle with me daisy doo on the sofa,so good night all  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline Petra

• Trusted Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 09:02:58 pm »
She sounds a real sweetheart, even I cant sleep through screaming kids - much as I want to and have tried to! perhaps Daisy could give me lessons?  :)

Offline MARK

• Trusted Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 03:20:28 am »
I am sure Daisy will love her raw food diet it is the best.
She sounds a great character already

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 01:16:05 pm »
Some very helpful links: as a recent convert I cant imagine why I thought dry dog food was the way to go?

http://www.doggiesparadise.com/rawdiet.shtml

http://www.rawlearning.com/rawfaq.html
XX

snapdragon

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 03:24:16 pm »
OK.... I've heard and seen enough..... I think its time to package Daisy up and send her to Buzz and me via Special D.   ;)........she is such a lovely girl ......you are so lucky to have her.....she has fitted into your family so well.....whatta good girl...give her a big kiss on her gorgeous snozz from me.  :-*

Keep up the good work.

Kim xxx

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 07:40:18 pm »
Actually I think Daisy Doo needs a holiday with her Auntie Ruth.....!
XX

snapdragon

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 08:01:24 am »
Nooooooooo!     I bagsy first dibs.  ;)

GIMMIE!!!     ;D

Kim xxx

thestrongmanswife

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 09:42:57 am »
 ;D MMMmmmmm dont think me philip would like me too much if i sent her away for a holiday lol,
she is very good,little bugger sometimes but lovely,she had me and my older daughter in stitches the other night,i cant remember the last time i laughed soooooo hard my tummy muscles hurt literally.
the raw diet thingy.......well just like you said why on earth would we think that dried food is the best????.
she defo farts less,infact i havent noticed any really since monday evening,and thats a blessing in itself!!!
Oh and the poo business.....................well thats literally halved lol and its solid!!!!!!!! yey x
went up to the field yesterday with my mum and her two hounds,again dreading it wondered if she would be ok etc and she loved it,just wanted to play and run so she had a lovely afternoon,cant tel you how chuffed i am with her,and shes loving the food,especially with sardines,and tuna etc,think she thinks shes died and gone to heaven lol.
anyways im off to toddler group now guys so speak soon,take care
mel and daisy doo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 01:16:06 pm »
Daisy sent me a text and asked if she could stay the weekend.......... 8)

I of course said yes..........
XX

snapdragon

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 06:23:50 pm »
Now that's what I like to hear, another happy convert to real food for their dog.

Kim xxx

thestrongmanswife

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 01:46:32 pm »
lol,blimey if daisy could text i could make a fortune lol
oh how daisy does not like the rain...... ???
we were walking up the road on our usual trot in the morning and it started to rain,she paused,looked up and turned back and headed for home  :D
weirdo dog!
the kids out here love her and sof and her boyfriend take her for a walk everyday she just wants to lick you to death lol.
however in the car one defo needs to get a car harness as the little bugger just cannot sit her arse still................. :) so wont be doing that again in a hurry lol.
Hope everyone is well today,
mel and daisy doo  :-*

snapdragon

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 07:01:44 pm »
Hi Mel ,yep  ;D  Daisy sounds like a typical bullie.... my lot hate the rain too...some bullies won't step one lickle tiny dew claw out  of the front door if it even smells like rain...or is that just my lazy lot?.  ::)

A crate is brill for the car to keep yer wriggly monster in....... it's better (IMO) than a harness.....may not happen to Daisy but my monsters get  their legs tangled up in harnesses... little sods just won't stay still.

Make sure your daughter and her boyfriend are both strong enough to hold Daisy when out walking on their own with her......when she gets fully grown if she decided to pull they may not be able to hold her if she makes up her mind to go for it..... adults can have a job to hold a hurtling bullie........like most terriers  they are strong willed but being bullies they are also very much stronger than most terriers.......I know she is a very good girl on the lead  right now but please be careful as that might change as she matures.... especially if she realizes that they aren't in full control and there is a dog she'd like to run around with or an exciting smell she wants to investigate. The little monkeys will take advantage at each and every opportunity given half a chance.

If she ever got into a fight, heaven forbid, but unfortunately it can happen to the sweetest of dogs...would they be able to stop it or if she is like my Jessy and won't defend herself would they be able to protect her.?.....sorry Hun don't want to put a downer on things for you as things are going so well for you all.

Keep having fun with and enjoying Miss Daisy.

Kim xxx