Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 161 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2017, 08:08:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 43
  • Latest: james
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29358
  • Total Topics: 2323
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 34
Total: 35

Author Topic: renal diet tips  (Read 1389 times)

Offline bullie J+N 4ever

• Trusted Member
renal diet tips
« on: March 06, 2012, 01:51:20 pm »
 We have recently had our foster girl millie diagnosed with kidney problems and have started her on the renal diet which she is eating. the only thing is she must be really hungry between mealtimes and wondered if any of you knew some renal diet treats we can give her during the day ? we have heard theat carrots are ok and another one was cornflakes ! but don't know for sure. we got her weight up from 17kgs to 19. 6 kgs but now she seems to be losing a bit again and don't want her to starve or lose more weight. any help would be great if you have had first hand renal diet experiance thank you neil and julie.

p.s i know the dog food companies do sell renal treats but they are so dear. 

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: renal diet tips
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 04:47:53 pm »
Not got any experience of this but the following made sense...

Treat Recommendations for the Kidney Impaired Canine
Since many of the canine kidney formulations are canned or wet food, the product can be cut up into treat-sized bits and baked on a cookie sheet in the oven to make them crunchy. Treats should then be stored in a plastic container or zipper bag in the refrigerator to keep them from spoiling.

That way you are following a diet that your vet has recommended because, like with anything, everyone has a different opinion or different experiences and therefore different advice. Sorry to hear about your poor little foster girl though.
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline bullie J+N 4ever

• Trusted Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:17:23 pm »
Thanks for that ruth i'd seen that while googling it and saw a few american recipie's, just wondered about "natural" treats that don't cost the earth.
Yes it was bad news about her but we are going to keep her with us for as long as she has left because we all love her so much,  now a nice calm male bullie freind on foster would be great !!! lol

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 08:48:46 pm »
Sorry to hear your little Bullie girl is unwell, I really hope she stabilises on her special diet. I cant offer any advice having not had any experience.

Sending Bullie hugs to the poor baby.
X