Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 383 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 04:00:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 51
  • Latest: Cougan
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29646
  • Total Topics: 2358
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

Author Topic: Hiya...again!  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Maximus

• Trusted Member
Hiya...again!
« on: October 17, 2014, 01:01:39 pm »
I did register yonks ago but forgot all about it hence it expired!

So, here iam again  ::)

Right, brief intro...

I'm Ange owned by Harvey aka Harveystar, Harvester Starlington, RV, Tubby Toast, Tubs...I could go on but wont bore you! Harvey is now heading to the grand old age of 9 in December and I really cant believe where the years have gone. He still acts like a pup and is as cheeky as the day I got him at 14 months when he was surrended to rescue as his owners were going back to South Africa and could only afford to take one bullie with them and as Harvey came to them later they took their older girl with them. A tough decision and I know they would have taken the two if costs allowed. He then went into foster with a lovely family with a view to keeping him but the resident girl had a phantom and Harvey took the brunt of it and that night he came to me as an emergency foster I knew he wasn't ever leaving!

Harvey is my second bullie owned since February 2007, after losing my beloved old bullie Maximus in the November 2006...

It was our Max who really kind of got me into bullies and to be honest my love of them has stayed  :-* He was a scarred rough diamond of a boy huge in build and his body scars showed what a hard life he had had. I found him in an ad in the paper (no Facebook, internet etc back then not like it is now!) when I looked under the Pets section. He had been placed into a rescue after being picked up by the Manchester Dogs home. We went along to see him my Husband, Myself and my children and he bounded into the room and knocked me over...adoption papers signed there and then and a week later he came home with us. We were lucky to own Max for nearly five years, having taken him on believing he was four (!?!) until the time of him going to sleep for the last time November 29th 2006 the vet said he was around 13, I was na├»ve back then...but I would never have changed a thing.

Anyhoos, enough about me!

Look forward to having a shufty around!

Ange
x

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Hiya...again!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 04:43:29 pm »
Ah bless....maximus....our toddy is nearly 13...weve had him nearly 3 years...a rescue boy with a sad story too...its on the site about him...we all live for our bullies on here,,,,we really do...and we wouldn't be without one...hes our second...everyone on here will have a story to tell you about theirs...but welcome to the site,....nice to have you on board!! :) Were Alison and brad by the way...owned by toddyboy!!...and welcome to Harvey too....photos pleeeeeeeze ;D

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 09:08:05 pm »
Hi Ange - Long time no hear! as you know my Lu went to the bridge a couple of years ago and I have a lovely rescue boy Archie - his family emigrated to Auustralia or Canada or somewhere and they didnt take him! he is a lovely dog, he doesnt get on great with other dogs especially male ones but apart from that he is a true family, people dog... so opposite to Lucy! :o :o

Nice to have you on here - have changed your status to be able to post anywhere on the board ;D ;D

:-* :-* to Harvey :-* :-*
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline MARK

• Trusted Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 12:14:14 pm »
Welcome Ange and Harvey

We have Paddy and we know what you mean about the breed once had never forgotten and always loved

Linda Mark and kids

Offline snapdragon

• Trusted Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 01:22:27 pm »
Well hello there Ange, Welcome, nice to see you on here, pics of Harvey (and Max) please hun.

I guess there's no need to tell you about my 4 bullies, you know all about my motley crew.  ;)

I've told Rose and Naomi about this forum but haven't seen any sign of them yet.

Kim xxx
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:29:30 pm by snapdragon »
Kim, Jessy, Dukie, Suggs & Daisy. xxx

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 03:21:54 pm »
welcome Maximus... looks like u r known on here!... this is a very select forum LOL ;D ;D ;D

Me and my husband hv a rescue bullie marley.... he is just gawj.... hard work at first but is my boy now ha ha :) :) he is knocking on a bit now .... woz around 4 when we rescued him that was 3 years ago :-\
Soosiesu

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 08:42:30 pm »
hi ange.... we r owned by scrummy polly 8) 8) rob was brought up with bullies but polly is my first.... she has wrecked the kitchen and back garden......................slowing down now but same as u.... my first bullie and i have been bitten by the bullie bug........rob is over the moon that i luv her soooo much.....altho she is a daddys girl really :-X ............... prob coz he can take her to work with him.............he has his own garage...........unfortunately i cant ::) ::)

forgot to say polly is a rescue too.... all the best ones are!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 06:10:32 am »
Welcome Ange and Harvey

I am the owner of Sally the JR and Godmother of Archie the bullie Ruth's dog

Offline BetsyLou

• Trusted Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 02:23:03 pm »
helllloooooo..............i am mandy...my dog is betsy ...oh yah.....ther ismy partna phil 2.... ;D ;D

Offline gilly

• Trusted Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 02:07:47 pm »
hiya we owned by the luscious little louie, and we are gilly and trev, xx

Offline Petra

• Trusted Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 02:09:07 pm »
welcome to the board..... i am petra...hubhy phil..../ 3 kids.... unfortunately no bullies............i grew up with them but now have a severe allergic reaction to dogs and cats.... worse with dogs tho..... so i live life vicariously thru this website :-\ :-\

Offline Maximus

• Trusted Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 02:00:12 pm »
Thank you all for your warm welcomes!

A lot of people know who I am so I wont bore you all further!  ;)

Will start to have a nosey around, thanks Ruth for adding me!...ive told Harvey you were asking about him!

Ange
x

Offline BetsyLou

• Trusted Member
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 03:01:19 pm »
welcom...... we r new 2 ;D ;D luv yr pic 8) 8)