Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 383 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 03:57:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 51
  • Latest: Cougan
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29646
  • Total Topics: 2358
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37

Author Topic: Hoping to help more bullies  (Read 1814 times)

Offline kshawkhl

• Trusted Member
  • The special breed for special people
Hoping to help more bullies
« on: December 15, 2014, 08:00:03 pm »
I have been very fortunate and had bullies through the last 20 years, and without doubt they are the most special breed. I have had experience of rescuing bullies and although my current girl will not share her home with another dog, I am quite happy to offer my help in whatever other way there is. In the past I have taken on a few bullies, and been extremely challenged with my old boy who is sadly no longer with us, but so thankful that although the first 3 years of his life had been so awful, I managed to give him a 2nd chance at being a happy healthy boy. Before I found him, he was being trained for fighting. He had been electrocuted, and pushed to his limit. When I found him, he wanted no one, he had no trust in human beings, and who can blame him. He was that bad he would literally go for you as soon as you walked through the door, one day he went straight through my arm, and I am only a little woman, and god everyone was telling me the dog had to be destroyed as he was so dangerous and could never be turned around into a sociable happy bully. I refused to put him to sleep, I had to get through to him, somehow, I knew that with gentle but firm handling, and loads of TLC regardless of being growled at and the rest, I knew there was a way to bring him back, to find that loveable toddler that is within all bullies. Months and months of work, and the dog that wanted no human near him, and certainly did not want to sleep in the same room as another human, changed. One day I heard a racket from downstairs, and looked over the bannister, and there he was dragging his bed from downstairs, and he plonked it right next to my bed. I will never forget the look he gave me at that moment, it was truly a look of love, that he had finally worked out that as long as he was with me, he would never be abused, hurt, shouted at. That dog became the best friend I ever had. He would never leave my side, thankfully I worked from home, so he would always drag his bed over next to my office chair so he could be right next to me whilst I worked. I think in many ways we rescued each other, but I still have a part of him with me, as I have his beautiful daughter, and boy was he a proud daddy. So please if you need any help please let me know, kaz x

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Hoping to help more bullies
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 09:18:17 pm »
welcome to the board kaz 8)

I am Jen, hubby is Rob and our naughty bullie rescue is Polly............... she is a darling but has her issues................ nothing like your problems tho.......... well done for sticking with him and giving him a chance.............. have to say i would be scared if polly went for me :o

Offline kshawkhl

• Trusted Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 09:27:14 pm »
Hi Jen, thanks, Polly looks absolutely adorable. They are all so truly wonderful and each and everyone deserves a chance. My life is my animals, and I also have a very opinionated horse who probably thinks he is a bully as well. Yes cannot say I wasn't a little nervous when he munched my arm, but I had to give him a chance, and couldn't let me go to the rainbow bridge without a chance of happiness, so glad we made it though, plus I have his wonderful daughter, who makes me laugh every day of the week lol x

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 10:12:12 am »
welcome to the forum Kaz  ;D ;D I have change your status so you can post anywhere in the forum.

I have had a succession of emergency foster bullies through my door - some quite 'challenging' ones that have been awful with other dogs or cats or people or any combination - however only one ever turned on me and I never felt at ease with him again, he had to be boarded with our trainer, so I salute you :-\

I currently have a rescue bullie Archie and 2 rescue cats - pictures in the gallery 8)

Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 11:11:47 am »
hiya......welcome ;D ;D ;D

i hav a bootiful bullie boy marley................ getting on a bit now ;) ;) ;).......... i am a recent convert....my OH has always wanted one..........but marley moo is my boy!!!!
Soosiesu

Offline kshawkhl

• Trusted Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 11:33:42 am »
Lovely to meet you all. This is angel, she is 8 years old now, but still as mad as a hatter and is still a puppy in her head. Here she is watching her favourite film Marmaduke, along with her teddy, that has to come out for walks with us as well. We do get laughed at I can tell you.

Offline BetsyLou

• Trusted Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 12:25:35 pm »
hi an 2 angel 2 ;D ;D ;D

i am mandy......wed to phil...........an bully betsy 8) 8)

we r nu 2 ;D ;D

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 12:44:39 pm »
Welcome kaz and angel...what a heartwrenching story...but a lovely one......I am Alison...hubby brad and toddy our nearly 13 year old rescue who we have has since  he was  10...you can read all about him on this site too...we found him just in time he now has a wonderful life with us and we adore him......love to hear the stories and so nice to have a bullie lover on board...sad you lost your boy but im sure that angel keeps you on your toes!!! :)

Offline kshawkhl

• Trusted Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 12:51:45 pm »
Hi Alison, I will have a read of Toddy's story, so nice to see so many bully lovers in one place, I only just found the site, didn't know you were all here lol. I am just pleased that I managed to show Punch that life could be really good, plus he really did rescue me as well in so many ways lol.

Offline kshawkhl

• Trusted Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 12:52:33 pm »
Where abouts are u Mandy?

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 04:50:06 pm »
There is a link here to where we all hang out ;D ;D

http://www.thebullterrierrescuetrust.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=109.0

at the moment Southerners outnumber the Northerners :P :P :P :P

Offline MARK

• Trusted Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 05:56:13 pm »
Welcome Kaz lovely story in the end and welcome beautiful Angel and teddy  ;D
We have Paddy and two kids!

Offline gilly

• Trusted Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 03:50:33 pm »
hi we are Gilly and Trev, and of course little Louie our rescue ebt we got him when he was 14 months and he is adorable xxx

Offline snapdragon

• Trusted Member
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 02:01:05 pm »
Welcome Kaz,  I'm Kim and I'm owned by 4 rescue bullies.
Hope you enjoy the forum. x
Kim, Jessy, Dukie, Suggs & Daisy. xxx