Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 383 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 04:00:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 51
  • Latest: Cougan
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29646
  • Total Topics: 2358
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 1556 times)

Offline BigCol

• Trusted Member
Hi Everyone
« on: May 05, 2015, 07:40:07 pm »
Hi there,

My name is Colin and I am the very proud dad of an 8 year old EBT called Bullseye (not very original I know but he so suits his name).  I have just received the devastating news that my handsome boy has kidney failure and we are currently going through blood/urine tests and he has just been in hospital for intravenous drip treatment but unfortunately the prognosis isn’t great. There is an outside chance that his current toxicity levels are artificially high due to a urine infection and he is on antibiotics for the next few weeks to see if these help.  The vet has advised that best case prognosis is that Bullseye’s life expectancy will now be around 3-6 months but it could be a matter of only weeks depending on how he reacts to treatment.

As you can imagine this news has been absolutely heart-wrenching for me and my family and I am determined to give my boy the best quality of life I can for the short time he has left with us.  Bullseye isn’t a pet he is a loved and cherished member of my family and I am struggling to imagine life without his love, mischievousness and company.  To put this in perspective I have suffered severe clinical depression on and off over the past 6 years and Bullseye has been my rock, he always knew when I needed a cuddle or a pick me up and we have naturally developed a very strong bond.

Bullseye is one of (if not THE) most popular dog in the local park where I walk him.  He is absolutely great with other dogs, especially the smaller breeds, and everyone goes out of their way to speak to and pander to him.  He has single handedly converted literally dozens of “terrified” small dog owners into EBT lovers.  His temperament is second to none and he has never as much as growled at another dog.

I adopted Bullseye when he was around 1 ½ yrs old (from a family member) and at that time I didn’t really know very much about this breed of dog having previously had jack Russell terriers when my kids were young.  And now?  Well I am very much convinced that despite his stubbornness, smelly feet, flatulence and constant attention seeking I couldn’t imagine a better breed.

That’s the background over with - sorry for emotional rhetoric but I wanted to explain my history with EBT’s before expressing an interest in ultimately adopting a rescue Bully at some point in the future.  This will obviously depend on Bullseye’s position (so let’s hope it’s some time away) and ultimately overcoming my own grieving process when the sad day arrives.

My priority at this time is ensuring he has the best quality of life possible for the time he has left with me and I am spoiling him rotten with extra cuddles, walks and fun time. 

It would appear I reside a bit further north than most of the members (Fife, Scotland) on here but would naturally be more than happy to make the journey south if I was the right parent for the right bully!!

Anyways I better wipe away the tears and go take Bully for a walk (he is behind me barking and jumping at the back of my chair for his walk!!).

Kind regards
Col

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 09:36:57 pm »
Hi there Col (and Bullseye of course)

So sorry to hear that Bullseye is so poorly, having gone through a few devastating losses of our furry friends all I can say is make the most of the time you have left, spoil him rotten, kiss him loads and tell him you love him everyday.

You have been lucky having such a wonderful dog and he is lucky to have found you too. Give him a cuddle from us too and we are rooting for you both :-* :-* :-*
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 09:56:21 pm »
welcome to the forum col ;D ;D and marley (our bullie) sends bullie hugs to Bullseye......... I do hope he is ok :( .......you must be devastated......... poor baby bullie :( :(

Our thoughts are with you :-* :-*
Soosiesu

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 05:42:04 am »
Welcome Col and Bullseye...........An amazing story about your wonderful Bullie!!! also sad about his condition....but as Ruth said...make the most of the time that you have together...he sounds divine and has certainly turned peoples views of them around by the sounds of it....We are Alison and Brad and Toddy is our 13 year old darling!! so glad you have found the site...everyone will make you welcome on here....and feel free to speak as you will...look forward to hearing more about the wonderful boy :)....any pics please ???

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 12:37:45 pm »
welcome to the board Col.........

we are jen (me), rob (hubby) and Polly (our bullie girl)...................

so sad for you and bullseye................ as the others said...............all u can do is make the most of your time together.......... small consolation i expect :( :( :( :( :( :(

some pics of bullseye would be fab 8) 8) 8)

Offline BigCol

• Trusted Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 03:22:37 pm »
Thanks for the comments and support. 

Will try and get some pics up soon - in between dog walks, work, more dog walks and swimming lessons with my granddaughter!! 

Just back from another visit to the vet so hopefully the blood results will show some improvement now he is on his renal dog food and antibiotics.

Cheers
Col

Offline BigCol

• Trusted Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 10:44:35 pm »
Hi, I have just tried to attach some images of Bullseye to a "reply" post but the "Attachments and other options" link doesn't seem to function correctly.  I have reduced the images to less than 300kb so not sure where I am going wrong.  Is it perhaps the forum privileges settings for my account?

Forget all of the above - it worked :)

Offline BigCol

• Trusted Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 10:46:47 pm »
And another one  ;D

Offline MARK

• Trusted Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 02:24:38 am »
Welcome Col and your wonderful Bullseye.
V.sad news however I am so glad you both met and "fell in love" how wonderful for both of you.
I agree with everyone give that boy total love and attention just like you normally do and know you have given each other the best thing you can pure love.
God bless  :-*

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 10:29:04 am »
My my he is stunning - reminds me of my Archie 8)

what a handsome fella - I have put your beach photo in the gallery - hope that ok :-* :-* :-*
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline Petra

• Trusted Member
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 11:24:25 am »
that is a proper chunky male bullie................... gorgeous :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 11:35:32 am »
What a handsome strong lad Bullseye is and so lucky you both met and have a wonderful loving relationship. :-*

Offline BigCol

• Trusted Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 03:42:00 pm »
My my he is stunning - reminds me of my Archie 8)

what a handsome fella - I have put your beach photo in the gallery - hope that ok :-* :-* :-*

Thanks , no probs putting it in the gallery

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 10:06:17 pm »
I thought that he looks like Archie too Ruth....he is a stunner...lovely looking boy(Archie too...of course) Lovely to see the pics of bullseye Col...keep us posted on his progress...we are all here to help each other...chat and swap stories...so you will feel most at home :)

Offline BigCol

• Trusted Member
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 11:32:32 pm »
Thanks everyone for the welcome and comments.

Bullseye was at the vets yesterday for more blood/urine tests and despite being on the renal dog food and antibiotics I'm afraid there was no improvement.  He is still in good fettle though and if it wasn't for some loss in body weight you wouldn't know anything was wrong with him. :'(

The fact I have had other dog owners in tears when I have told them the bad news shows the dog he is and how well loved he is in the area.  Everyone knows Bullseye's name and I often get the comment "so this is Bullseye" when I meet a new walker down the park - his reputation must go ahead of him :)

Anyway, I am on holiday next week and me and the wife have decided to have a full week of spoiling him and doing the things he loves.  A trip to the beach, a walk up the local hills, a long soak in the bath and plenty of cuddles.  He truly is a special dog.