Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 160 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2017, 07:51:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 43
  • Latest: james
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29358
  • Total Topics: 2323
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33

Author Topic: New members.  (Read 2122 times)

Bevsy21

New members.
« on: December 13, 2015, 03:27:30 pm »
Hi all

My name is Nick and I live with my partner Bev. We are Bull Terrier people through and through. I am forty three and Bev is thirty three. We have a brindle girl from pup who is now eight and a half and until Tuesday we had a big boy named Bolo also from a pup. Bolo had to be put to rest due to kidney failure. It has not yet been a week and is still far too painful to talk about so I won't. He was only six and a half and we are devestated by his loss.

I have read the site over many years and have found it to be very I formative and professional.

So why join now? Well, in the future we would like to consider taking a rescue Bully. There seems to be so many dogs needing a home and the prospect of going through the puppy period again does not appeal, lol.

We're not even sure our girl would accept another dog. She really didn't like Bolo when we brought him home and was pretty rough with him for a long time. It wasn't long though before he was nearly double her weight and her aggression towards him was futile. To his credit he never took it seriously and it was like he was laughing at her. They still had rough and tumble play and would always retreat after a bit of snarling when she didn't get her own way. As the years passed they got on much better but I think it was a love hate relationship paticularly on our girls part. Bolo was a big oaf and on many occasions he would stretch out on the sofa and kick his legs out which normally resulted in Leah getting a paw slap in her chops. She used to snarl back in disgust. I could swear he used to do it on purpose just to wind her up.

Now he has gone she has been acting very odd and more needy than usual. I know it doesn't help her seeing me all emotional but what can you do?  It would seem she is also missing him very much. When not wanting cuddles she spends a lot of time at the back door looking into the garden. I think she is waiting for him to come home.

We will see in time if it is a good idea or not to introduce another dog. I do think deep down she would like a dog frien but she is choosy and it would have to be a laid back older male.

Until then we will continue to read this excellent site and keep an eye out for that special bully we may be able to help.

Also, we live in Chippenham in the South West. If emergency transport of bully is needed we may be able to help. Bath,Bristol and Swindon area. We both work shifts so if we are available we would be delighted to help a bully in need.

Many thanks

Nick & Bev.

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: New members.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 06:34:58 pm »
welcome to the site, I have changed your profile so you can post anywhere in the site.

So sorry to hear of your recent loss - it is so so hard when they go - what a huge hole they leave. :'( :'( :'( - it does get easier but even now some things can still reduce me to tears and it was over 2 years ago I lost my lovely bullie girl Lucy. My gorgeous bullie boy Archie has helped alot :D :D

Bolo sounded a real character and I am sure Leah liked him being around much more than she let on :-[ :-[
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Bevsy21

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 08:07:59 pm »
Hi Ruth

I think you might be right about Leah.

Nick.

Bevsy21

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 08:28:01 pm »
Can't  seem to get any more pics up.

Offline BetsyLou

• Trusted Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 08:31:37 pm »
oh my wot a gawj pair  ;D ;D ;D

so sorry for bolo :( :( :( phaps leah will enjoy some me time :-[ :-[

me and my Betsy say hullo :-* :-*

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 08:34:25 pm »
it may be the size - try making them smaller - or try the gallery
XX

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 03:42:21 am »
Welcome Nick and Bev ;D Sorry to hear of your loss darling Bolo.
What a beautiful picture
You will always have wonderful memories and love always in your heart.

Bevsy21

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 12:08:13 pm »

Bevsy21

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 12:21:34 pm »
Hi

Many thanks for the kind welcome.

Please view the link in the post above to see our bullies. To view more pics from over the years please click "your bucket" but you will have to sift through non bully pics.

Kind regards

Nick

Offline gilly

• Trusted Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 01:02:26 pm »
ah bless you all, so sorry for you loss, we are trev and gilly and little louie, nice to here from you , thats a lovely photo of your bullies

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 10:06:08 pm »
welcome to the forum.......... so sorry to hear about bolo......... loving your pics...............especially one of them with the rope toy...........stunning pair 8) 8) 8)

hope leah is settling down a little :-\ :-\ :-\ it must be so hard for them.....and you cant explain he is not coming home :'( :'( :'(

kisses to you all

Jenny and rob and our naughty Polly :o

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 12:04:00 pm »
Welcome to the site - Im so sorry to hear about Bolo - it's never easy especially when the are taken so young!!  Leah's bound to be unsettled she will know that you're all upset and that things have changed she will be needy as we all are at unsettling times.

I joined the site last year when Billy died he was a welfare dog and was sixteen when he died.  I always knew he would go at some point because he was such a great age but he did go suddenly in the end after becoming ill one Sunday evening I took him to the emergency vet and they treated him overnight - when I picked him up in the morning to take him to our normal vet he died in the foot well of the car.  My instinct told me he was dying - I pulled over and held him as he died I was in a state and some passer's by offered to help me, I was on my own. I swear he waited for me and im glad he didn't die at the emergency vets and that we said goodbye.  That was sixteen months ago and I still can't tell this short story to anyone without crying so I don't speak about it!! In fact to be honest im tearful writing this.

We have Violet now - she is a welfare dog and totally different to Billy it has taken a while for us all to get used to each other but I think in the last six months we have reached some mutual respect for one another!! I talk to Violet all the time about Billy!! I bet she's sick and tired of hearing his name - he's like a bloody saint!!!

I found the site a great comfort after losing my dog and im sure Leah will also be a great help to get you through this.

Take care and such great photo's of your lovely Bullies and memories too.   :-* :-*

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 01:24:48 pm »
I just been through your photobucket photos - love the tug toy one - what a little minx Leah looks ??? ??? ??? ???
XX

Offline Petra

• Trusted Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 04:17:08 pm »
hey welcome to this exclusive site ;) ;) ;) :D

I grew up with bullies or should a say a specific bullie boy who was my best best friend...... we did everything together..................but have developed a severe allergic reaction to dogs and cats...... so my poor kids will never experience the joys I had growing up with a bullie...... my hubby isn't keen on pets so I guess it all works out for the est :( :( :( :( :( ....... I live vicariously thru this site for my bull terrier fix :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 08:20:20 pm »
Welcome Nick and Bev ...to the best site ever...our exclusive little family :)....so sorry for your loss of Bolo.... we are Alison and brad and our boy is Toddy......We came to this site 3 and a half years ago after the loss of our bullie and after adopting our Toddy....who is now 13 and a half!!!.....its awful...isnt it :'(...our heart goes out to you...but talking and sharing your feelings often helps...the photos are beautiful...what darlings they both are.... :-* to you all