Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 160 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2017, 07:52:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 43
  • Latest: james
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29358
  • Total Topics: 2323
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

Author Topic: New member  (Read 899 times)

Offline Demetzy

• Trusted Member
« on: March 25, 2016, 11:30:16 am »
Hi my name is Claire

I joined the forum because I lost my bullie Gus on Saturday. He was 13 and the love of my life. He was a rescue and I had him for over 8 amazing years and I have no idea what I will do without him. I thought people here would understand that I have not just lost a pet as people keep saying but an immediate family member. Gus had more personality than most people I know!
It will be nice to hear about other peoples dogs and see the photos

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 08:07:28 pm »
Hi Claire, welcome tot he forum, so sorry to hear about Gus - you must be devastated :'( :'( :'( A few years ago I lost a rescue bullie that was also the love of my life - I had her 11 years - she had many 'issues' but never with me and not with dogs either.

I still miss her everyday but it gets easier it really does and you can remember the good times with a smile and the bad times with a laugh, instead of with tears :( :( :(

i have a lovely rescue lad Archie now, who has his own issues with other dogs but he really helped to fill that bullie shaped hole :( :( :(

Have changed your status so you can post anywhere on the forum :P and dont forget to check out the gallery for some photos - feel free to post some of your lovely Gus up xx
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 09:32:51 pm »
Hi Claire....welcome ....so sorry to hear of your loss of Gus...its so very sad....we are Alison and Brad...we too have lost a Bullie under very sad cirumstances...but have had our rescue TODDY for 4 years now....and he is 14...and so hope that he has many more years left to come...the devastation of loss is awful...and as Ruth says,,,it does get easier...but you never forget...and i still cry my eyes out when i think about our Archie....its very early days yet...but its good to get on here and talk your heart out and read all the other posts from our loyal members....Gus is in Bullie heaven...and maybe in time...like the rest of us...you may find a bullie shaped hole for another to give love and comfort to. I hope you enjoy reading the numerous posts on here...some happy...some sad...but always honest and forthright....keep posting and let us know how you are doing...were a very friendly lot on here so you will have no worries   god bless.....be nice to see a few more pic of gus!

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 10:45:15 pm »
so so sorry to hear about gus.............he looks gawj in your pic..............do post some more up..... we would love to see him............

my marley is my first bull terrier and my fiirst dog as an adult...............my OH wanted a bullie.........i wasnt convinced......but now i have the bullie bug and i agree they are the best...........marley is a mommys boy.............i would be devasted should i lose him :( :(

sending bullie hugs and kisses to you............as the londons say......in time you will be able to open your heart to another rescue dog....................who will help and comfort you through your loss....................they dont replace..........never replace........ ??? ??? ??? :'( :'(
Soosiesu

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 04:30:17 am »
Hi Claire Sorry about your baby Gus and welcome

I do not have a bullie I have a Jack Russell called Sally she is best friends with Ruth's Bullie Archie who I childmind during the week when Ruth is at work both dogs are inseparable and of course I love them both

Offline Demetzy

• Trusted Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 12:02:29 pm »
Thank you everyone that made me cry but I have smiled a fair bit too looking at your posts.

I do have another rescue dog called Evie who is about 7. She was a battersea dog and they told us she was ebt x Sbt but we think she is a staff with something taller/ thinner. She has no bullie traits really, she likes being alone and we often have to physically bring her in to the living room for a cuddle. She lives to run and you barely know you have her!!! Her and Gus used to sleep together when she was a baby (we got her at 4 months) but once she grew up they ignored each other mainly. Gus on the other hand was the complete opersite. Lived for cuddles, only liked walks if they ended in a pub or picnic and wanted your attention 24/7.

I will one day adopt another bullie

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 03:08:15 pm »
How nice to hear about them both Demetzy....im sure you have many stories to tell of them both...we look forward to hearing more from you :)...hope Evie is"nt too sad without gus :'(

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 08:22:07 pm »
oh my goodness so sorry to hear about gus......he will live on in your hearts :'( :'( :'(
.......sending condolences :-*

my name is Jen my partner rob and our little bundle of trouble called polls...........we would luv to have two dogs but i think it is too late now...........polls would hate another dog living here.............but she is more than enuff on her own :o :o :o

Offline Demetzy

• Trusted Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 12:21:17 am »
It's hard to tell if Evie is sad, they didn't play much or cuddle up once she wasn't a puppy and often ignored each other!

I went to pets at home and bought her some new toys and a Buffalow/ bull horn which she is enjoying. My husband felt sorry for her last night after a few beers and insisted she slept in our bed which was uncomfortable for all 3 of us! Evie actually loves her crate

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 08:00:02 am »
Ah....bless....you may have started something there.....LOL...they do love a snuggle up...dont they...Toddy never goes upstairs...only for a bath...which isnt that often lately...and that is  why coz he knows the bath is upstairs!!!....LOL...seriously though dont thing he can climb them now...none of our have ever been in our bed...we have often slept on the sofa with them if they havnt been well...but never the bed,,,,but each to there own...to be honest....Brads snorring is bad enough...let alone having toddys as well....LOL ;D

Offline Demetzy

• Trusted Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 09:58:54 am »
Hahha yes snoring in stereo was annoying! Thankfully she is a creature of habit and happily went back to her bed last night!

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 04:24:03 pm »
polls would be most upset if shemwasnt allowed in our bed :o :o :o

her and rob take u most of the room...........i get left with a tiny corner :-[ :-[