Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 160 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2017, 07:52:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 43
  • Latest: james
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29358
  • Total Topics: 2323
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 536 times)

spindell

Hello
« on: August 03, 2016, 03:20:19 pm »
Hello
Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Aly . I live in a little coastal town in Kent where I am lucky enough to have the beach one side of me and lots of wood behind me. I have always wanted a English bull Terrier but up until now I haven't been able to [ family out voted me lol] I have had border collies my last one was very hyper and had epilepsy, labs and at the moment I have a duchund who is coming up to 14 years old. He was diagnosed with Cushing's syndrome when he was 5 and also has quite a bad allergy to grass. At the moment his skin is quite bad so im having to was him down regularly cream him and keep his hair really short. Unfortunately his kidneys are beginning to fail so I don't think I will have him very much longer. I was going to get another dog for company and some one to play with, but I soon found out he has little dog syndrome so I decided to scupper that idea lol.  He s been a great pooch tho and my best mate, but I have to accept that I may have to make a decision soon which is horrible but he will let me know when he is ready,
IM not sure how long the process is about bringing another dog into the home, but I know my Sam would want me to rescue again.

So when the time is right for me I will rescue a older ebt or foster, one who needs loads of cuddles and a nice bed for him to curl up in for the remainder of his days I wouldn't mind fostering a special needs bully or one who had a medical issue that's puts people of from giving him a home. It will be just me and him|/her so it will get loads of attention
Anyway enough of my babble im looking forward to being part of this group and learning a lot more about them
Sorry for rambling
spin

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 01:36:03 pm »
welcome to the board

I have amended your status so you can post anywhere.

Bullies are a truly unique breed - stubborn, willful, home comfort loving dogs, they are funny, affectionate, loving, playful and so so so naughty. Rescue ones usually take awhile to settle - on their best behavior for a few weeks and then when they feel they have their feet under the table or they have decided you are right for them they let all hell break loose :o :o

Depending on how you pass their 'tests' and boundary pushing, will determine the dog you have for the rest of their days. They are not a dog for the faint hearted nor for someone who wants an 'easy' dog nor for someone who thinks a dogs place is in the background.

You may be 'lucky' and get one of those couch potato, dog and cat loving ones - but don't hold your breathe ;) ;) ;)
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 06:08:19 pm »
welcome Aly.......everything Ruth has said is spot on...all of us on here have rescues and im sure you will enjoy reading about them all....yes..not for the faint hearted...they are quirky...fun loving...fearless...assertive and mischevious...strong willed and stubborn...but we would never be without them....a wonderful companion and a friend for life...you will never have a dull moment and I hope you find your forever BULLIE.....We are Alison and Brad and our wonderboy is TODDY...14 and a half years young :)

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 03:06:53 pm »
agree with all the comments....but...they are so michievious.............marley makes me laugh everyday ;D ;D ;D

dont get me wrong marley was a rescue dog and ruth was spot on he showed us his worst behaviour in the first few months.........so much so we nearly gave up on him..............i thought i would never be able to cope................so glad we didnt...............he is mummys boy now ;) ;) ;)
Soosiesu

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 07:20:26 pm »
Hi there welcome ;D

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 09:39:37 pm »
welcome aly....................... agree with everyone..................my little darling is polly.............she is a sweetie.................who adores her dad Rob................................Grrr but that coz he takes her to work with him most days :P :P :P

hard work ut so worthwhile ;D ;D ;D