Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 164 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 06:20:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 43
  • Latest: james
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29371
  • Total Topics: 2324
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

Author Topic: Been away from forum for a while.  (Read 234 times)

Offline snapdragon

• Trusted Member
Been away from forum for a while.
« on: March 24, 2017, 01:46:34 pm »
Hi, I haven't been on here for some time I'm afraid. Been concentrating on looking after poorly dogs.  Our 11 year old bullie Suggs got quite ill, he had a few health problems, one of which was a nasty skin problem called furunculosis which they normally get  just on their bottoms but his spread all over his entire body, his blood was slowly being poisoned, we thought he was never going to get better then we found a homeopathic vet. Suggs was just getting over that when Jessy collapsed and had to be admitted to Langford Veterinary Hospital as an emergency. She could not stand on her own or even walk for 4 days.  She had  what I can only describe as some kind of  a stroke, it was found she has a liver problem as well as being diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma which is an aggressive, malignant tumor of blood vessel cells. She had lots of tests and scans at our vets and more at Langford hospital which showed there are multiple growths on her liver and her kidneys, far too many to be removed.
 Pleased to say Suggs seems well now and Jessy is doing really well too, she doesn't know she is ill and is running around and playing like a dog much younger that her 12 and a half years. We know she is on borrowed time but as long as she has good quality of life and is happy and eating well (she does love her food) we are just going to enjoy every moment we have left with her.
Dukie is doing really good too, considering he has a long term heart problem (he was born with it) he's just had his 10th birthday, he is as lively as ever, its his 9th Gotcha day today, he's been running around playing with his new ball and all the dogs have enjoyed a blueberry muffin each. Daisy our youngest will be 6 at the end of the month is very fit and healthy, which can also translate  as very lively and naughty Lol.
Thats our news.Hope everyone on here and their fur babies are well.
Kim, Jessy, Suggs, Dukie and Daisy. x
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:00:47 pm by snapdragon »
Kim, Jessy, Dukie, Suggs & Daisy. xxx

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Been away from forum for a while.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 02:31:08 pm »
Hi Kim, glad to hear from you, so sorry your poor furbabies are going through the wars - all time with them is precious as you know.

You may me remember my Lucy had a dilated cardiomyopathy and mitral valve disease and she lived for another 7 years after diagnoses to make 12 1/2 - love her :-* :-* The vet gave her 3 months to 2 years to live so she did so well  :-\ :-\

We all say on here that our lovely dogs just dont live long enough :'( :'( :'(
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 03:45:27 pm »
they dont ......u r so right ruth :( :( :(

hey snapgragon.................nice to hear from you.........altho not so great news on your bullies :o :o.......hope they all carry on thriving...............i envy u 4 bullies..........oh what i wouldnt give............. ??? ??? ??? ???

i feel blessed little polls (tough wood) has been relatively healthy........ around 7 now :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 05:55:21 pm »
Hello snapdragon....I remember your pics in the gallery...nice to hear from you again after so long..think we have all had things going on with our Bullies...one way or another...lucky you to have 4 of them!!! :) Toddy is still going strong..has diagnosed Colitus....been poorly but has picked up...15 now...walks very slowly and his back legs go down if he stands in one spot for too long...lost a bit of weight because of the colitis...but the rest is down to his age...the same as you...making the most of each day we have with him right now...you sure have had a lot to deal with...but they are all still with you which is good news....keep in touch on here...nice to hear from you...were all still going strong!!!