Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 164 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 06:12:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 43
  • Latest: james
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29371
  • Total Topics: 2324
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

Author Topic: Waiting!  (Read 1276 times)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Waiting!
« on: June 12, 2017, 08:36:24 am »
Today they are coming to do our conservatory....im waiting for them to turn up now...probably the start of another saga...WATCH THIS SPACE!!! ;D

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Waiting!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 06:55:57 am »
OMG...what a day...after several phone calls they finnaly turned up at 2pm...meant to be here at 8...then it was traffic...so 9...then 10...then 11..then by 12...a joke...I phoned them at 1 and told them not to bother coming as I was going out!!...they phoned me 15 mins later to say they would be half hour....Grrrrr...what a start...and another long story...delivered the frames...to late to start work...very convenient..so supposed to be here at 8 today...well we will see..you just know its all going to go wrong...im not a pessimist..BUT.....all the luck that we have had lately........ :P :'(.

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 04:55:57 pm »
what a bother ??? ??? I hope they turned up on time today to get your conservatory built? ??? ???
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 09:32:55 pm »
goodness u have had bad luck with your house................ well fingers crossed u have a new conservatory now :D :D

did you have the foundations done already or are they doing that too? :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 06:32:45 am »
Yeah...all good yesterday......frames up exceprt the roof..all boarded up last night..it is like the black hole of Calcutter here....LOL...we are just having the windows...door and roof replaced BRB...half brick wall was already there..thank god.....or it would have been megabucks!!! They said it would be finished Thursday....then next week I think plasterer and electriction to do lights.....ive been so happy that the weather has stayed good...for once that is on our side :)

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 12:30:37 pm »
that's great news Alison - weather is meant to be good till weekend at least - really warm

So you should be able to enjoy your new conservatory ;D ;D ;D ;D

how is your kitchen - is it finally finished?
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 05:18:20 pm »
Kitchen done...but never got our discount...Grrrrrrr...because we never used them to get our glass for behind and side of oven...we have used another company who will be cstom making the glass csize to fit...and in our vLaura Ashley colour...think that should be ready sometime next week...kitchen peole will be coming back to tile the floor of conservatory as we want it the same as the kitchen..marble tile...already paid for too...but the latest story on that is that they are still held up at customs!!!! No rush at the moment as conservatory should be finishe by Friday as the other guy didn't come till about 12 today as up hospital all night with his mother who is very ill...glass to go in tomora...then Friday finishing bits...thank god...electrician next week I think then plasterer..it does go on...brad will be doing inside himself..just be glad when workmen gone!!!..
I kept shutting the gate today...still thinking of poor old Toddy who we still terribly miss :'(

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 10:07:11 pm »
good progress being made then.....good news..........the end is in sight ;) ;) ;)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 07:24:44 am »
Yes...nearly there...they are back today to finish off...but next week electrician and plasterer to come..and still waiting for floor tiles to arrive..Brad cannot do rest of it until the floor tiles are down!!...Hey ho...just getting there...

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 01:16:25 pm »
At least it is progressing and you can see the end in sight - well at least the end of having workmen around ;) ;) ;)

Bet it looks fabulous when it is finally finished 8) 8)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 07:21:58 pm »
NOT finished...as they still have bits to do...on Monday....LOL...going on a bit now...they are very elusive..one day here at 9...next 11...then supposed to be 7 on Friday...got here at 11.30...I swear they are doing 2 jobs at the same time...keep coming up with different stories...they leave most of their stuff here..but take some ladders and their super duper radio with them...I bet I am right...paid most of money but theer are a few things were not happy with and they aren't getting anymore until electrician and plasterer have been!!! yes we have had all the excuses of having to go here and there to pick up this and that...then one of thems mum in hospital..but never mentioned it since...one never turned up at all on Friday...it always seems to be us that gets all the agg!!! We are still waiting for the tiles to come from the kithen people...they reckon they are held up at customs!!!....just when you think you have heard every excuse under the sun!!! along comes another!!! Grrrrrr
Also waiting for the blokes to come next week...hopefully...to fit the glass behing the oven
then all done in kitchen...conservatory has to be tiled...when they arrive...plastered and lighting...PHEW..i have had this week off and I feel totally drained!!! ;D

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 10:32:30 pm »
I cant believe they havent OFFERED you a discount - you should nt to ask - after all the trouble and delays you have - what rotten service >:( >:(
XX

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 07:43:30 am »
i would be at the end of my patience by now......... and as for hubby well....... >:( >:( >:(

discount?..... i want the whole lot for free........... and would write an awful review if they on checkatrade or trsutpilot or FB ??? ??? ???

dont let 'em get away with it........ GRRRRR
Soosiesu

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 07:04:53 pm »
Fumming today as guys never turned up to finish conservatory...as we left gate unlocked as they asked and were coming to finish outside and finish inside when I got home as conservatory door was locked...NO SHOW,,,loads not right...been on phone and surveyor is coming after I finish 2morow.....wanted me to leave key so he could come while I wasn't there ....Brad said NO...so much to show and tell him...so I do need to be there....a joke...still got 3 grand to pay...so wont be getting that in a hurry until cock ups sorted!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr >:(

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 10:24:02 pm »
What a terrible time you have been having :o :o :o

dreadful company - who is it? - so I dont ever get a kitchen / conservatory from them :-X :-X :-X
What makes people think you would be happy to leave a key for any old tom dick or harry to wander round your house? bet they wouldnt do it :-X :-X
XX