Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 164 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 06:16:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 43
  • Latest: james
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29371
  • Total Topics: 2324
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

Author Topic: bolshie foxy  (Read 275 times)

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
bolshie foxy
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:12:32 pm »
I have a couple of foxes living in the bushes at the back of my garden and I often see them sunbathing a the back or hear them running around squeaking one of Archie's discarded toys, I am all for live and let live but they are really getting bolshie now.

When I had Sallythe JRT stayingshe used to run out barking at them but soon stopped when she realised they wont run and in fact chased her back to the conservatory!

Yesterday Archie came running in closely followed by one of the foxes, who had the audacity to come intot he conservatory and stare at me on the sofa, I shouted at him but he didn't run! so I got up to chase him out and he only went as far as the patio really cheeky :o :o :o :o

Think they are chasing my cats too who are getting antsy and Archie is reluctant to go out in the garden - and he loved his garden - he would spend all day outside given a chance and nice weather :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:14:33 pm by Ruth »
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
Re: boshie foxy
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:36:28 pm »
I feel your pain Ruth! Im the same an animal lover - but the foxes here are starting to get us all down - lot's of death style screeching at night time and our front garden seems to be a boxing ring throughout the night for all foxes who fancy a fight! Drives Violet mad too - used to just tap on the window to get them to clear off - but now I have to run outside - not sure how long that's going to be effective? Sounds like they're going to take over the world!! it pains me to say it but they are getting too much! and becoming a pest  :-\

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 04:10:08 pm »
Oh dear...im afraid I encourage mine...5 of them come to the back gate(we are in the woods so it is woodland) and wait for their food...every day they wait...now that toddy is no longer there to run up t othe gate..they have no reason not to sit their and wait..i have names for them to and I call them...you are probably all in disgust with me..but they do no harm here and I love them...maybe a different story when we get a new Bullie..but till then..we have the |badgers too!!! They aren't so brazen...but still come for food when no one is around!!

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 01:15:37 am »
Sounds lovely! Your be feeding the deer from your hands next! I do put the odd bit of food out for the foxes (or rats?).  I have never seen a badger around here your lucky to have such great wildlife practically in your garden  :-* I wish we did xx

Offline MARK

• Trusted Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 04:22:05 pm »
I throw some scraps out to the foxes although Mark dislikes them.
We all have the right to life and I love them. Paddy likes to chase them fortunately he can never catch them!

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 09:34:57 pm »
we have a foxes den somewhere in our garden.......driving polls mad.............my friend recommended scoot.....is dog friendly...........will let you know how I get on :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 05:02:47 am »
I love animals and feed the foxes never had a bold one like yours Ruth. I am sure you will sort this situation out. 8)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 08:48:31 am »
Yes...yours are very bold Ruth...especially with Archie about!!!!!! They do have some front...but ours used to site right against the gate when Toddy was here...and as he used to charge at them...they would wait tilll the very last second before they scarpered....LOL ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 05:45:57 pm »
well Lucy would never have stood for that but Archie is not really a fighter - his motto is live and let live too. :P :P

It is only dogs he has an issue with and then that was probably down to a couple of incidents that happened not least of which was when the big dog attacked Sally and nearly killed her while Archie was there :( :(
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 02:06:08 pm »
Yes...it changes them for life that sort of thing...our old collie cross was attacked by a staffie and was never the same again towards another dog...but again...owners fault for having it off the lead!!!...Mine was on his!!! Grrrrrr

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 08:14:17 pm »
blimey....just catching up..............cheeky b*gger.............deffo try scoot...........or block up the entry points if u know where :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :-\
Soosiesu

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 10:29:34 pm »
If I take out Violet too early in the morning and she see's a fox she chases the it and gets pretty crazed about them  >:( If she could speak I think she would really like to kill one  :-[ she really really hates them and as we apparently have the biggest population of them down here this is an ongoing problem  ??? ???

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 10:46:00 pm »
My Lucy was like that - don't like to admit it but she did catch a fox in the garden - she won :o :o :o had to take her to vets for cuts and scratches and to ensure she was ok and had to admit it to them too :-[ :-[ :-[

XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 02:58:49 pm »
Where are you Clare????

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 10:48:40 pm »
not seen them round for a few days and cats are back to normal!

not sure what that is about - still haven't ordered the Scoot stuff which I really must do but enjoying the reprieve - temporary or otherwise - of the bully boy fox :-\ :-\ :-\
XX