Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 383 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 04:01:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 51
  • Latest: Cougan
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29646
  • Total Topics: 2358
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

Author Topic: Off to the vets....  (Read 177 times)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Off to the vets....
« on: August 22, 2017, 04:12:58 pm »
With young Phoebe...she has come out in all these red lumps on her back...arm pits and underneath...they look like bites but we can see nothing crawking on her..she had a couple a few days ago....but now they are more and on her ears too..poor soul...you can see them under her white fur and her little tum loos like she has chicken pox...shes not really scrating ...only her neck..so were taking our credit card with us....LOL...first vets visit since weve had her...we have been steering clear..as advised  of trainer J...knew it wouldn't be long....we will find out about her being spayed too...as we need to get that done soon too.......5.45 our appointment is...will let you all know how we get on..... :(

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Off to the vets....
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 07:24:50 pm »
Phoebe may have allergy...not got fleas..had steroid injection...30 quid...not too bad...got to go back thursday to see if lumps have gone down...if not then skin tests...they will spay her when her skin problem is sorted out...390 quid....keyhole surgery...ouch!!! But a surprise for us...she is not chipped and Thomas said he thought she was...so they will chip her when she is spayed...so fingers crossed her bumps will go down...they look so sore bless her...but she was as good as gold at the vets...even with a collie dog growling at her...now if that had have been our toddy....LOL ;D

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 02:45:31 pm »
I remember Archie came up in loads of spots too when I first got him. Vet suggested Kiddies Piriton as he came up clear in the tests and said might be grass allergy

However IMO I do think they take awhile to get used to each home and garden being such sensitive souls :o :o :o. Also in Archie's case he had not been taken out very much i dont think as his pads were so soft. The second year he came up in spots but not as bad nor for as long and now it is only once in awhile and just a few. I washed his tummy with warm salt water for relief and used Savlon cream on him, but they were nothing to worry about.
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 08:49:18 pm »
poor phoebe............hope she ok?.............good advice from ruth...........polls gets them sometimes.........suually on very hot days...............they soon go down so hopefully it wont be anything serious
Soosiesu

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 08:33:01 pm »
yes....just cost  us another 30 quid. .antibiotics and
 stetoid tablets....he still reckons allergy.. but spits on her tun ate like pimples..ones one her neck and back are defiantly bites as far as were concerned.. vet thinks it may be a summer thing..not happy  giving her tablets to be honest..but it's done now. she's totally oblivious to be honest..not scratching Hartley at all .but we will go with the flow this time.. tablets finish in October.. well it will be cooler then..so we will see
we have booked her in for her sort on 21st September...she has to come off tablets a week before   op...319 quid...its keyhole and they only take away overies..not the womb..3 little cuts so no big scar...in at 9.30 am out atc3 in afternoon
I will be so nervous for her..but it has to be done..bless her
she was so good at the vets..didnt blink an eye bless her
There was another little Billie in vets..just had p.o. to remove something she had swallowed..she was only 2
the guy had lost his previous Bullie at a year old...for the same thing ..quite shocked about that..it was the fault of the dog walker this time he said..i hope to god there isnt  a next  time!!!!

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 10:04:51 pm »
steroid tablets? \Usually that is just treating the symptoms not the cause :-[ :-[

poor little phoebe - hope it is just summer spots like lots of bullies get especially white ones :-\ :-\ :-\
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 07:43:20 am »
yes...she has 2 lots of tablets PREDNISOLONE and TSEFALEN...until October....think some are allergy but some are definetley bites...as long as the redness goes down...We have booked her in for her spay on 23rd september...she has to come off the tablets for one week before op...poor Phoebes...only been with us 3 weeks and look whats happening to her..but shes out and about...been having 2 walks this week as I have been off...comes round to our friends to visit with us...they love her...love you PHOEBE :-*