Gallery

Phoebe

Viewed 384 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 01:18:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 51
  • Latest: Cougan
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29651
  • Total Topics: 2359
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31

Author Topic: K9 Magazine latest issue  (Read 15025 times)

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: K9 Magazine latest issue
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 01:28:23 pm »
We aim to please! ;)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 03:16:36 pm »
Thankyou Bulliesrbest the arrow on the bar worked a treat!Think im a bit thick sometimes!

Offline Petra

• Trusted Member
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 11:13:27 am »
LOL Londons ;D

Did you read in this about the dog that fell from the horse box, the owners came back then left it again?

I hope karma comes back and gets them real good for leaving a lovely trusting pet in agony >:( >:(

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 03:23:00 pm »
They will definetley get their comeupance ....one way or another.......just wish i could be around to see >:( >:(

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 06:12:08 pm »
This was disgusting - I cannot believe peopke are so cruel and heartless. >:( >:(

"Dog Survives Horsebox Motorway Fall – Appeal For Witnesses

Added by Jasmine Kleine | Promoted by: petbuzz

A female lurcher dog has survived falling out of the back of a horsebox which was travelling at more than 70 mph on the M56 near Altrincham two days ago.

The bitch was narrowly missed by several cars before dragging herself onto the grass verge.

A witness who saw the incident pulled over and was horrified to see the driver of the van pulling the horsebox, stopped and came back for the dog with his two children, but abandoned her when she snarled at him and drove off.

The witness then called the RSPCA and the Highways Agency.

When the RSPCA’s animal welfare officer, Katie Glenn, got the call she was fearful of the

state the dog would be in:

“In my head, I’m thinking this dog is going to be close to death but by the time I got there she was still fighting.”

Katie called in a vet who brought two nurses to assist him and gave the lurcher, who is believed to be between two and three years old, painkillers and a sedative so that they could move her back to his surgery.

Miraculously, although she had nasty abrasions and cuts, the only broken bone was her pelvis which was fractured in three places.

The RSPCA’s Altrincham branch agreed to pay the £600 cost of her operation and she is now being cared for by them.

She is mainly white with grey patches and spots and when the vet turned her over he found evidence that she had been wounded before and stitched up using a veterinary anaesthetic spray.

The witness who helped us at the scene did not take the number plate of the van or the horse box but did give us a description – it is a white Mitsubishi 4×4 with a cab and a flatbed at the back and had blue stickers on it and the horse box was blue with a silver top and what looked like French words on it.

The incident took place between junctions 7-8 on the eastbound carriageway.

Enquiries to the Highways Agency to see if they can check CCTV footage from the motorway to get the registration mark of the vehicle have not been answered yet.

The RSPCA are appealing to any other witnesses on the M56 who may have taken note of the registration and anyone who recognises the dog and can tell us who owns it to call this number and say they have information for AWO Glenn in N2: 0300-123-8018"
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 09:15:46 pm »
Good grief, poor dog :(

They will get their just desserts - someone should put this up on face book then lets see who knows them. >:(
Soosiesu

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 09:22:15 pm »
Yes what a good idea.......if its in people to do nasty things like this who knows if theyve done something like this before....or will do it again.There are no repeatable words to describe them..........name and shame them i say! >:( >:( >:(

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 09:22:18 pm »
More horrid news........speaking to a customer at work who herself has 7 dogs,rottweiler,2 staffies,2 snouzers and 2 jack russells...........she took her snouzers to where she has them clipped and the lady there also boards dogs she showed her a staffie that someone had bought in that had been chucked out of a car on the m25 had a broken leg ,broken claws from being thrown from the car(lucky to be alive)but the non closer inspection found it had cigarette burns on her little bottom and other various marks and cuts which had been inflicted on her!The lady said she would speak to her husband.They both went back and took her home with them with the view to keep her providing  she got along with her other dogs and they withv her..........she had obviously been hit or beaten with a broom as the lady said when she got it out to sweep she tried to escape out of the door!......................The good news is she and the other dogs all get on fine and she is keeping her !2of her other dogs are also rescue dogs she has an infinity for them! She says shes getting on fine and is really loving and is starting to trust again!The people that did this are dispicable>im so glad all has ended well! I love and admire people who are kind to animals as i would do exactly the same.......Wish there were more like her instead of the other b*******s!

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 09:42:49 pm »
I don't understand people - why have a beautiful loyal loving dog just to inflict pain on it? why why?? what possible enjoyment could someone get out of that?

I just wish someone would do the same to them, that is my dearest wish. >:(
XX

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 01:50:53 pm »
Mine too Ruth. Or leave them in a room with my Rob - he would soon sort them out, they wont be able to harm defenceless animals with broken arms - now would they? :o :o

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 11:41:09 am »
Inside this month's edition of K9 Magazine....

Talking Point: Love Your Life With Dogs (even more!)
Interview With Hollyoaks Girls Alex Fletcher & Stephanie Davis
K9 Interactive: Hide & Seek - Your Dog's Idea of REAL Fun!
K9 Science: Can Dogs Catch Flu?
K9 Interactive: How To Get Your Dog On TV
eBook: How To Stop Your Dog Shedding
Talking Point: The Seven Most Influential Dogs Of All Time
In Focus: Canine Hydrotherapy
Pet Friendly Britain: The UK's Most Pet Friendly Destinations

....& Lots, Lots More Inside!

PS. Don't forget to enter the competitions inside a fantastic pet friendly break away in the UK, the latest books to hit the shelves and doggy discounts!

...read in full
==================
http://k9m.ag/57
==================
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2012, 11:56:27 am »
Yes thankyou Ruth .....will have a browse through.......still waiting for the EMAG of BULLTERRIER MONTHLY to go live!Keep your eyes peeled.The chapv is totally redoing the site! ;D

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2012, 12:06:17 pm »
Thank you Ruth - will have a read this evening - How to get your dog on TV - interesting one that!!!

Offline Petra

• Trusted Member
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2012, 01:24:56 pm »
and there is a picture of a bullie on page 6..............

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2012, 04:45:03 pm »
So there is - well spotted Petra.
XX