Viewed 1004 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2018, 09:04:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

• Total Posts: 30086
  • Total Topics: 2409
  • Online Today: 47
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35

Author Topic: SNOW GO!!!!  (Read 140 times)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« on: December 12, 2017, 07:10:38 pm »
OMG...ive had the most terrible experience this back to my turning...bearing in mind I am 3 quarters of the way up a hill..then my road is on a hill...I could not get up...the car spun and I started to roll backwards...with the handbreak on..i was terriefied...there was black ice..i thought it was slush...where the snow had melted...I had to turn the wheels so that I was at an angle to stop the car rolling back onto the main road...horrendous...I phoned brad..who was at work driving in London...he was yelling at me what to I was panicking..but I was too scare to let the break of now that I was stopped..hallfway up the hill and across the road...I decided to get out...take my shopping with me and walk up the hill to the house...I  wrote a note to put on the windscreen that I was no one would be able to pass me..up...or down
Well when I canme out and started sliding...I mean walking down the hill to the car I could see a huge white of our neighbours...and she was standing beside her car...which had rolled ontro mine going back down the hill....OMG..what are we going to do...and was my car smashed up at the front!!
I couldn't move and if she took her break off we would both go sliding down !the hill
I went to another neighbour ...who wasn't in but his son came out...then another neighbour came along and assessed the situation and managed to get my car straigt but backed up against a tree wjile the other was holding on to the merc to stop it rolling down the hill....she eventually got her car back down with the help of the neighbours holding ...guiding an co ersing her slowly to the scary :o :o :o
my car stayed there until brad got in a little while ago...we walked down with torches and phone lights and jugs of boiling water to loosen the ice...Brad cleverly got my car up the hill at full throttle to stop it sliding again and took 20mins to get it backed up on was same scenario..what an afternoon...and evening.....thank god for my caring and helpful neighbours...and thank god brad got car up off do xmas shopping...but wont be leaving house if things havnt changed,,im too scared..but lucky to still be in one piece...and the car..only had a few marks on it....luckily...I expected it to be very lucky there..glad today is over...I really am :'( out with madame in a mo...for her walk...what a day.... :'(

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: SNOW GO!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 10:01:54 pm »
how scary - I had a similar experience last year at my train station - one of the shopkeepers I know came, after I went in for sustenance an hour or so after I got stuck and dug me out so I could try to move my car out of the road - managed to get to the top of the road but as it was on a slight incline I started sliding again so I let it slide back and steered into the kerb so I could park up and not block the road. Then started the long trudge home. Mercedes came later to get me and then my car and took us home!

Was one of the few times I wished I had a big four wheel drive. I just wont drive in snow anymore ???

Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: SNOW GO!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 06:32:35 pm »
Oh yes Ruth...I remember your post about that last year..yes..very scary isn't it...yes I wish I had a 4 wheel drive too...for things like that you are much safer!!!