Gallery

My boy Archie

Viewed 93 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2018, 10:50:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 59
  • Latest: fowlerj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30280
  • Total Topics: 2432
  • Online Today: 36
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

Author Topic: Booster.....  (Read 503 times)

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Booster.....
« on: February 15, 2018, 06:30:16 pm »
Phoebe went for her booster injection last night...bless her ..she was shaking...probably remembering when she got spayed..but it took seconds....and she has put on weight too..all the good food she gets here...LOL..she needed to a bit though...shes doing well...we had a £5 discount voucher from the vets so only cost 24 quid instead of 29... ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:26:23 pm by the Londons »

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Boioster.....
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 09:31:23 pm »
well done brave Phoebe :-* :-*

She has settled in so well hasn't she ;)
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 09:57:39 pm »
thats very reasonable cost.... whenever i take polls it is never less than £50....... london prices i guess >:( >:(

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 10:36:04 pm »
I know I'm going to sound like a terrible dog owner but I've never bothered with boosters with any of my dogs...?? Don't know how anyone else feels about that - but they've all come from welfare and they always repeat their vaccinations - I took some advice from our old conventional/ homoeopathic vet who felt that it wasn't necessary to vaccinate every year...

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Booster.....
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 05:30:58 pm »
This will have been 2 years..as Thomas ...her previous owner forgot to get her booster...as well as forgetting to get her chipped...Hmmmmm
Well Ruth...J was always against boosters and we never got them with Toddy...what about Archie...is he boostered..I suppose its up to the individual..i think if I ddint and they got one of the illnesses..i would then blame it on that...but im on the fence with this one and its only because they called her for hers..from reading her medical cards I suupose its all on their system  now...but will keep it up...don't think I wold bother over 10 though..thats why we didn't with Toddy...J is totally against them I know!!

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 10:08:13 pm »
Actually I disagree with them too Clare - once they have had their initial vaccinations and a follow up booster I don't let them have anymore - I am convinced it is a scheme to make money from us pet owners - after all we only need one vaccination - we don't have an annual booster for our measles, rubella, polio etc.

What really made me change my mind was when Lucy was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy - my vet at the time suggested that I stopped her boosters - as her body had enough to cope with the heart meds - now if they were so damn important why would they say that?

Also the homeopathic (but conventionally trained) vet that Archie and Sally go to also agrees that annual boosters are unnecessary as do a lot of research papers :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I guess it is up to the individual
XX

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 10:42:35 pm »
Thanks for the feedback - I have to say I was a bit scared to write my post - I think on the whole annual vaccinations don't do any harm but in the same breath are they that necessary? Very interesting to read that you were advised not to have them with Lucy - I guess on that level you have to pick and choose your battles in terms of health and medication? I have to say the conventional/ homoeopathic vet we used with Billy was very helpful and cured many of his skin problems - Violet has been blessed with good health (touch wood) I think this is due to the fact that she isn't really a 'proper bull terrier' and has a bit of shall we say 'something else' in her!!

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 02:10:39 am »
Bless Violet xxx

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 06:35:45 pm »
sugar and spice...and everything nice :)

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 08:38:55 pm »
LOL good for Violet  ;D ;D ;D because pure bred dogs are the equivalent of inbred people!

Sorry to our gorgeous bullies :-* :-* :-*
XX

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 09:04:52 pm »
 :P :P :) :) That's hilarious!! Purebreds are like inbred people!!

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 11:30:59 pm »
well it is a very very limited gene pool..... and involves a lot of close 'family' relationships shall we say :o :o :o :o
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 01:10:35 pm »
OMG....Hillbilly bullies....LOL ;D :P

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 09:32:21 pm »
I used to love the Beverley Hillbilies when I was a kid!! Perhaps they should make the Beverley Hillbullies - that would be something funny to watch  :P :P

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 05:01:32 pm »
Oh god yes...I remember many years ago when I was a teenager working out in America watching re runs of the Beverly hillbillies...gonna look it up on you tube now that you have mentioned it...LOL..old Ma and Pa Clampet......Jed...Jethro...miss drysdale..oooooh gotta look It up now...remember the catchy theme tune too...oh I love it..... :P