Gallery

My boy Archie

Viewed 84 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2018, 01:14:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 59
  • Latest: fowlerj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30265
  • Total Topics: 2432
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Author Topic: Introducing Alfie  (Read 293 times)

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Introducing Alfie
« on: April 27, 2018, 07:55:47 pm »
I already feel disloyal writing this post so soon after my darling Archie passing but my friend in rescue told me about an 11 year old one-eyed bull terrier with a growth on his bum in kennels. He was tested with the stable cats and took no notice and she desperately wanted him out of kennels - well how could I say no???

So today one-eyed Alfie has joined the family :o

will put some pics up later 8) 8)
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Introducing Alfie
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 06:46:05 pm »
 ;D..Well done Ruth...what a lucky fella he is going to be ;D

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 07:33:54 pm »
oh cant wait to see the  pics...poor Alfie

dont feel bad......... you are doing good for another dog that needs you..........how can that ever be wrong...........  :-* :-*

well done to you :-*

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 08:48:54 pm »
Congratulations - I've seen this lovely boy on facebook - is he from Arundawn Dog Rescue? Well done Ruth - he really shouldn't be in kennels and this is great news for him - I remember you told me when I felt guilty about getting Violet that a dog free home is an empty home and I couldn't agree more - so pleased for you both  - can't wait to see some photos  :-* :-*

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 09:08:19 pm »
LOL yes Elaine from Arundawn - friend of mine - she knew I wouldn't say no ;) ;) ;)

Whilst I am still at work then I can only home an oldie but I have to say that Alfie has an amazing amount of energy for an 11 year old. He is like a naughty teenager but is slowly settling - it has only been 3 days. What a little sweetie but oh so vocal too - complete contrast to my darling Archie :-\ :-\ :-\
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 10:17:00 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D....wonderful Ruth..bet he is in 7th heaven at yours :P

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 10:21:40 pm »
You never get two the same - so pleased for you and Alfie, Ruth.   I think you found each other when you both needed to.  I don't think getting another dog stops you grieving for the one you lose - it certainly didn't for me when I got Violet  - to be honest, because she was so different to him it made it worse for me - but we found our way through eventually and now I wholeheartedly love her to bits for the dog she is..

Looking forward to hearing more about Alfie.  Can't understand how this eleven-year-old one-eyed lovely boy ended up back at kennels?  What a survivor he is! I saw the facebook update on their website and him bouncing around full of beans - he reminds me of a ten-year-old welfare that I would have liked to have taken had called 'John Bull' back in my volunteering days - strange thing was that him and Billy really hated each other - but were great with all other dogs  :-\  Do you know how he came into kennels and what happened to his eye?  Looking forward to hearing about all this  :P best wishes and good on you  :-* :-*

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 11:40:45 pm »
All we know is that he is 11 because he is chipped however all details are out of date

He had an awful skin tag hanging from bum - huge - that has been removed and I am sure he will be more comfortable once the stitches are out.

He ended up at Arundawn because he had done his 7 days in the council pound so we have no idea of his background but someone looked after him well at some point in the past I think. He has no scars, no callouses and a really lovely nature with dogs and cats. He is a typical bullie pushing his luck with new people but I can see a definite improvement even after 4 days. He takes correction really well and does listen if he thinks you mean it  :o :o :o

Very cuddly and affectionate but the most vocal bullie I have ever come across - great bark - deep and impressive - but will bark for no reason which makes me jump sometime LOL 8) 8)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 12:32:59 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D..phoebe very vocal too...growls...moans and barks..they are all individual..but all have those gawj Bullie traits...that's why we love em ;) ;D

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 08:08:37 pm »
I want to see some photo's!! Violet also very vocal but did calm down a bit but she still makes us jump when she barks for no apparent reason - many a spilled drink of tea, coffee, and wine when this happens  ;D also, she is still pretty bad at dusk and I end up having to close the blinds before the daylight disappears for the night  :-\ Bless Alfie and good on him for still keeping the faith despite all the changes he has faced - think you found a good one there Ruth! and again let's see some piccies of this lovely boy  :-* :-*

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 09:10:17 pm »
Alfie on his first day

and slowly settling in with Pip
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:51:10 pm by Ruth »
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 10:26:12 pm »
Beautiful pic of darling Archie Ruth
looks like pip is loving the company :-*

Offline B.ORCHID

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 01:07:11 pm »
I love you Archie forever :-*

Welcome Alfie
Who is adorable and v.kissable in a cuddly way.
He is totally different to beloved Archie who was a pure gent just ask Sally my Jack Russell.
Alfie is like a boisterous teenager and his energy level is v. high even after walks.
Now Ruth has had him just over a week he is just starting to settle and find his feet.

He is v loving/needy but I do feel once he knows he has a forever home and family
all will be well. ;D

Offline BulliesRBest

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2018, 02:09:57 pm »
looks like Alfie needs a bit of feeding up 8) 8) ............sweet looking and wow look at him with your cat.......

he is a lucky dog to have found you ruth 8) 8) and you him of course..........

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 09:50:29 pm »
well done ruth for offering him a home..............he is really sweet looking..........so good with your cat...........

Soosiesu