Gallery

My boy Archie

Viewed 85 Times

Recent Topics

Please Donate

Help us help Bull Terriers

THANK YOU!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2018, 01:15:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 59
  • Latest: fowlerj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30265
  • Total Topics: 2432
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 171
  • (November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Author Topic: Introducing Alfie  (Read 294 times)

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
Re: Introducing Alfie
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 11:41:03 pm »
Lovely photo's hope all is going well  :-* :-* bless  :-* :-*

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 08:37:14 pm »
well we have had a few settling in issues but as I always tell people be patient

Alfie is a lovely boy and is great with my cat, as he feels more and more settled I can see a massive improvement - poor lad must have been so confused being shunted from pillar to post

He is great on walks, with other dogs and loves his food and is now very cuddly and kissable LOL a real sweetie :-* :-* :-* he has been good with my parents and with my friends so far but he cannot settle when away from home and is up and down like a yoyo when we go visiting :-[ and as for his manners in the car - well they leave a lot to be desired - whoever had him before must have allowed him to travel at the front - he is not happy in the back at all and spends the whole time stretching as far as his car harness will allow him trying to get to the front ??? ???

All in all an adorable gorgeous lad with a few rough edges  ??? :P :P
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 04:23:25 pm »
Aw ...sounds goodRuth...especislly for a resue where you dont know  his history...sounds like a good old gentlenan..  a lot of change again for him..and you..bur will get more confident ans comfortable with things as time goes on..he sounds very happy though...and for you...as with us...a bullie that is good with other dogs..we have never had that before..a bonus ..
sounds like its all looking good...a big thankyou to you for rescuing  him too...seeems like it was meant to be ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:33:48 pm by the Londons »

Offline Clare Kearley

• Trusted Member
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 08:09:32 pm »
That all sounds very promising - he sounds a lot like Violet - she seems to think she should ride shotgun too and spends her time trying to get to the front and same in that she can't settle when we visit people and go camping - unfortunately for us she has never got better at any of these things - but hey ho - you can't have a it all I suppose..

Good luck guys - keep us posted  :-* :-*

Offline Ruth

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 09:37:18 pm »
LOL Clare - I wonder if Alfie will stay that way too - who knows - they all have their ways and I guess I can live with it if I cant get him to listen and sit still in the car and when visiting - as long as he can be calm at home then I figure that is restful enough  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I havent allowed him upstairs to bed yet - he seems quite happy to settle on the sofa for the night - in fact he falls into a deep sleep from about 8pm so his previous owners must have gone to bed very early :o Either that or the 5am starts are killing him as much as they are me ;) ;) ;) I do wish they could speak and tell us :-[ :-[
Ruth & Archie & Lucy (RIP)
XX

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 04:36:08 pm »
LOL...bless him...probably as well all the new things going on around him has worn him out...new home...new routines and new people..bet the poor boy is exhausted..but so good for him to be part of your family Ruth ;D ;D ;D

Offline soosiesu

• Trusted Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 08:46:24 pm »
i always wish they could speak to us..............what tales rescue dogs could tell us :-\ :-\ :-\
Soosiesu

Offline the Londons

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 06:54:53 pm »
Yes...but we probably wouldnt want to hear some of them !!!